Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Vegan Pre workout with effective results!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
activeomega

Vegan Pre workout with effective results! Empty
PostSubject: Vegan Pre workout with effective results!   Vegan Pre workout with effective results! EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Pre workout ingredients

Maca powder: One tablespoon
Cocao Powder: One tablespoon
Additional supplements are optional: BCAA/L-Leucine/Creatine etc

you could add a cup of your favourite espresso to get that caffeine intake but as you take maca powder there isn't much need but then again it is optional.. Enjoy for powerful pre-workout energy let me know how it goes...

Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

Vegan Pre workout with effective results! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegan Pre workout with effective results!   Vegan Pre workout with effective results! EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 5:13 am

There has been some research that shows that creatine & caffeine don't play well together - it's only been a couple of studies but it seems worth separating them so either creatine or caffeine but not both together. This may turn out to be wrong, but at the moment there's no need to mix them so why risk hindering results. You can either drop caffeine pre-workout or have the creatine earlier in the day?

My pre-workout ideally is actually:

1.5-2hrs before meal (with complex carbs & a reasonable amount of protein)

20-30 minutes before 5g L-leucine,5g L-glutamine, creatine in dilute purple grape juice (the grape is high in glucose that transports the creatine to where it's needed)

As I have a life I don't always get the meal exactly where where I want it, but I try & get it as close as I'm able to. Failing a meal I can have a shake anywhere up to an hour before a session & be ok, less than an hour & I prefer just the amino acids & creatine & get the job done.
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com

Vegan Pre workout with effective results!
Page 1 of 1