Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Court

Court

recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein Empty
PostSubject: recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein   recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 2:30 am

TVP/TSP is cheap way to get enough protein in the diet. I eat it almost everyday, but I'm starting to get sick of it and need more ideas of what I can make with it. I usually have it in meals that you would expect to see meat in it, like spaghetti bolognese. I've also tried it like a breakfast cereal, with rice milk and xylitol, which is okay. How do other people eat it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.activatenaturalmedicine.com
Raqui Talkie

PostSubject: TVPloaf?   recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:53 am

Have you ever tried substituting it as the "ground meat" in meat loaf? I know that's similar to what you said you've done already, but I've had good results with using it in a loaf flavored like meatloaf. You can basically take any meatloaf recipe and use TVP, egg replacer, and soymilk to get the job done. It's cheap and tasty and filling!
Back to top Go down
Grayfox

Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein   recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Brush pieces of bread with a little olive oil, sprinkle TVP on the surface, and cook these under the grill (a toaster oven does this well).
Keep a close eye on the TVP, you want it to melt, but not burn.
The result tastes a little like grilled cheese, but you're better off if you think of it as "grilled TVP."
Back to top Go down
jordan

jordan

PostSubject: Re: recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein   recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Vegan Lasagna is also good.

I like to have 2 layers of filling and 3 layers of vegan lasagna noodles (or whole wheat if your lacto-ovo)

1) 1st layer noodles

2) layer of tomatoe sauce, fried and seasoned firm tofu (or any chicken/beef substitute) and spinach (cook the spinach first so it wilts

3) 2nd layer noodles

4) layer a sauteed mixture of mushrooms, zuchinni, onions and peppers (any veggies you like)

5) layer of pesto sauce on top of previous layer

6) 3rd layer noodles

7) layer on thin slices of eggplant

Cool layer on veggie cheese (or low fat if your a lacto-ovo)

cook on 350C for 20 minutes and then broil the top for a few minutes until the cheese is all melted.

This tastes just as good or better than regular lasagna and is extremely healthy. Low in fat and high in protien, calcium and many nutrients and vitamins.

spices: I like basil, paprika, garlic (fresh) and hot peppers

Also if you buy soft tofu you can make vegan scrambled eggs

If you buy Seitan (wheat glutan) you can make any beef substitute your self.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein   recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein Empty

Back to top Go down

recipes with textured vegetable/soy protein
Page 1 of 1