Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Unusual food choices from a strength nutritionists cupboard

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Unusual food choices from a strength nutritionists cupboard Empty
PostSubject: Unusual food choices from a strength nutritionists cupboard   Unusual food choices from a strength nutritionists cupboard EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 1:16 pm

I just read this from Mike Roussell naming 3 foods to always haveni your cupboard - now bear in mind that this is an omni - nutritionist & trainer & his choices were:
Quinoa
Walnuts
Chickpeas

Here's the blog post I was quite shocked that he'd choose them - times are certainly changing.
Compare that list to say this from 'Mens health' where salmon is number 1...really? Judging by the fact even the national food advisers recommend you cut back on predator fish (cut them out during pregnancy), you get a lot of contamination from wild caught & even more from farmed salmon (as well as the farmed fish being dyed to mimic the Astaxanthin of wild caught salmon) & a lot of the choices seemed just plain wrong, then again 'Mens fitness' isn't always the most up to date magazine out there...
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

PostSubject: Re: Unusual food choices from a strength nutritionists cupboard   Unusual food choices from a strength nutritionists cupboard EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 6:58 am

Now that you say you are shocked by the chap's choice of food to have in the cupboard you owe it to us to tell which ones you'd consider ideal.

I don't think I saw Chick Peas on the Men's Health list or any bean for that matter, Fava, etc. Probably be good to have something like that in the list.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Unusual food choices from a strength nutritionists cupboard   Unusual food choices from a strength nutritionists cupboard EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 am

It was more I was shocked as a few years ago you'd have had steak, fish, eggs & milk as top four in a lot of these types of articles. I totally agree with quinoa, an under rated food stuff, definitely under used by many people (& for you raw types you can sprout it - I think it's trickier than say alfalfa, but doable). I must admit I simmer mine, then sometimes add soya sauce & tomato paste, tastes fab!
Hmm, 3 foods you should always have in...let's see:
1/ OK Quinoa would be a good choice
2/ Flax seeds (linseeds) good for your morning EFA's
3/ Tempeh's a good choice as it's partially pre-digested
It's hard to think of just 3 - I'm more used to designing a whole plan than a couple of choices. As a rule I try to get people to vary stuff, so they don't actually eat the same thing everyday (almost a rotation diet, but not as strict).
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unusual food choices from a strength nutritionists cupboard   Unusual food choices from a strength nutritionists cupboard Empty

Back to top Go down

Unusual food choices from a strength nutritionists cupboard
Page 1 of 1