Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Nutritionists who should be sacked!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Nutritionists who should be sacked! Empty
PostSubject: Nutritionists who should be sacked!   Nutritionists who should be sacked! EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 3:33 am

This really annoyed me. In this day & age we really still have so called nutritionists saying stuff like this! I was reading this article & the final line about a vegan diet from the unnamed Italian nutritionist (I'd be unnamed as well if I wrote junk like this!):

Quote :
"Not to mention that the total exclusion of proteins from the diet - warns nutritionist - is a stress on the body especially if you then replace it with the vegetables."

So, a vegan diet has a 'total exclusion' of proteins....um has this person never read a nutritional breakdown of any product EVER Question The person (who cannot really be a nutritionist...can they?) appears confused between the necessary nutrient protein & animal products - I mean I believe it is true that protein was first isolated from meats, but that was more than a century a go, surely the person writing this MUST have read a more modern text book that one written in the 19th century?
This is a so called expert...it's no wonder the world is so obese, type 2 diabetic, unhealthy & confused about diet! It really annoyed me that people still put up junk like this.

UPDATE: I was so annoyed I just emailed the blog to complain!
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Mortidraybob

Mortidraybob

PostSubject: Uugh I have to deal with people like this EVERY day...   Nutritionists who should be sacked! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:17 am

I had to read this because I'm studying nutrition at uni just now and this "article" seems to be what the majority of my classmates think. Not to mention some of my lecturers were very taken aback to find out there was a vegan in the class!
I just find it so strange that people still think you can only get a "healthy" protein intake from meat...
It did make for some fun lectures though... I seemed to become my lecturers go-to student in alternative protein week and any other time she was mentioning proteins, "different" diets, vitamin intake and pretty much anything that wasn't vegetables!
Anyhoo thought I'd get that little rant off my chest as a (hopefully) future nutritionist myself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Nutritionists who should be sacked!   Nutritionists who should be sacked! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:43 am

Hey! Fabulous to have another person interested in nutrition on board Very Happy
You'll find the protein thing a lot with even so-called 'educated' professionals (trust me it's even worse with doctors who have zero nutritional training). It is really good that they are actually coming to you about this as you probably do know a bunch more about non-meat protein sources than they have ever learnt. It's frightening when you think these people are going to be looking after peoples diet, thankfully you are there as vegan diets seem to be hitting mainstream fast, so they need to have some experience with this sort of diet as it's going to become much more common over the next few year (one of my food trends for the next few years predictions, along with IF - intermittent fasting, that will get big as well I believe).
I reckon you'll do well on the course & expect you to be 'nutritionising' (I made up a word, do you like it?) pretty soon Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Mortidraybob

Mortidraybob

PostSubject: Re: Nutritionists who should be sacked!   Nutritionists who should be sacked! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:22 am

I know it's unbelievable what some of the advice floating around is but I'm glad to hear being vegan is becoming more popular! It might make more people realise that not only is it a great healthy diet but thats it's not a "hard" one which seems to be another misconception!
I love "nutritionising" I'm going to try and throw it into conversations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nutritionists who should be sacked!   Nutritionists who should be sacked! Empty

Back to top Go down

Nutritionists who should be sacked!
Page 1 of 1