Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

heel vs forefoot striking in running

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin

heel vs forefoot striking in running Empty
PostSubject: heel vs forefoot striking in running   heel vs forefoot striking in running EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:38 am

The first 283 runners were analyzed at 15k of a race in Japan in 2004 and 75% landed on their heel and only 4 landed on the forefoot. This being the opposite result of what Pyrie claimed some guy found at the olympics in 76 I think. But better technology may have been used in 2004 and also possibly the other guy was looking at sprinters? Sadly Pyrie isn't considered the most reliable guy.

http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/runner-communities/barefoot-running/someone-ever-research-this-heel-vs-midfoot-study

The replies are somewhat humorous to me. People find ways to believe what they've decided they're going to believe.
Anyway I AM trying to run as fast as the first 283 people in that race, although I've still got some work to do.

Have been completely injury free since I started heel "striking". No knee pain at all anymore. No pain anywhere. Not even getting sore at all and I've really been running hard.
Back to top Go down

heel vs forefoot striking in running
Page 1 of 1