Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

hemp seeds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
adam151

hemp seeds Empty
PostSubject: hemp seeds   hemp seeds EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 5:26 am

Hemp seeds play a big part of my training diet and I currently consume around 500 grams per day. This is currently costing me a fortune so wondered where you guys buy yours from in bulk?

Thanks Adam
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

hemp seeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: hemp seeds   hemp seeds EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:22 pm

If they're grown locally in your area then farmers markets might be an option worth exploring?
That is a LOT of calories from one food mate, over 2,500 cal from hemp seeds alone. I'd probably suggest some variety, get some other nuts seeds in you, as well as other foods. Even if you're hitting 6-7,000 cal a day that's still a big wad coming from one food.
Variety is the spice of life after all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
adam151

hemp seeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: hemp seeds   hemp seeds EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:35 am

Well I do eat other stuff as well. I eat around 250g of pumpkin seeds, 250g of sunflower seeds, 100g of sesame seeds. I can't eat any nuts as I am highly allergic to them. I work on the computer most of the day so have the seeds in a container and constantly snack. For meals I tend to eat plenty of green veg with lentils, chickpeas, various types of beans with bulgur, quinoa or rice. To be fair I could probably cut down on my food intake as I am pretty fat, although food has always been one of my great pleasures. Give me food any day over sex or drugs! I am training more in a powerlifting style so am not too hung up on how my body looks. I just want to bang out the heaviest wieghts I can in squat, bench and deadlift.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

hemp seeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: hemp seeds   hemp seeds EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:01 am

Ahh, well PLers live in a different world to most folks. I still think you should vary your seed choices, experiment with other seeds. Sounds like your doing the vegan version of the 'see-food diet' (see food & eat it Laughing ), just a healthier version. This works pretty good for maximising strength (as you've noticed). Basically you'll have to monitor yourself. The difference between just getting fat & building maximal strength is a thin line. As long as the lifts are going up with the body weight then you are going the right way. At least you're avoiding the junk many bulking powerlifters fall into.
You competing? Keep us in the loop about how your going with contests etc.
Back to top Go down
AiimeeB

hemp seeds Empty
PostSubject: How about Yaoh?   hemp seeds EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:23 am

Woahh, 500g is a LOT!

I'd suggest Yaoh de-hulled hemp seed (which is what we use at home) but even at bulk buy of 250g packets it'd cost you a lot...

I dunno... although it's pricey maybe it's not AS pricey as the stuff you're buying right now?

You can buy 12 250g packets for £60 ish I think... any good??

From their website, that is... Yaoh dot co dot uk I think (sorry Moderator Pete, I know this is cheating but I really needed to include a link to help adam151 out!)
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

hemp seeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: hemp seeds   hemp seeds EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:21 pm

You are actually allowed to put links up Very Happy The only rules we have is about advertising non-vegan stuff, so the link to Yaoh is fine. I happen to know Tim (owner of Yaoh). The vegan bodybuilding crew helped him doing vegan fayres in the UK in the past. You're also welcome to put up any vegan related resources whether online or anywhere else...we aren't like many boards where they delete posts that do links or mention other boards, we're more of a community & we accept that yes there are other vegan places online, yes there are products out there, allowing people to know about them will actually help the whole community to grow, so link away Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hemp seeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: hemp seeds   hemp seeds Empty

Back to top Go down

hemp seeds
Page 1 of 1