Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

waffles, smoothies, odds and ends

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay
Admin

waffles, smoothies, odds and ends Empty
PostSubject: waffles, smoothies, odds and ends   waffles, smoothies, odds and ends EmptyThu May 05, 2011 8:56 am

Some things I like to eat:

Waffles
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
some chopped pecans or walnuts
0.5 teaspoons cinnamon
0.25 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons flax meal
0.25 cups oil (olive or canola)
1.5 cups fortified rice milk
olive oil spray on waffle iron. Afterwards earth balance and maple sugar. Waffles are so much easier than pancakes and this seems to be a good way to get lots of omega three's.

Smoothies
Frozen blueberries and rice milk in a vitamix blender. I've found most other blenders really aren't powerful enough to properly puree the frozen blueberries. Vitamix is unfortunately very expensive but lasts a very long time. Also can add a few walnuts, pineapple, cherries, mango, apricots... Not raspberries or blackberries though because I don't like those seeds in my smoothies, unless you strain them out which I find to be a pain.
What's also good is to just combine frozen blueberries in a bowl with either cherries, and/or raspberries and/or blackberries. Let thaw for an hour or two. They taste much better combined then on their own.

I really like steamed broccoli combined with hummus and/or bruschetta. Can also be any other steamed vegetable combined with hummus and/or salsa/brushetta/something tomato-like.

Pasta with hummus and some kind of tomato based sauce. Can add vegetables here also.

Amy's brand bean burritoes. Amy's brand soups, (pea soup and lentil soups, bean soups).

Then bean taco's and odds and ends.... Plain baked potatoes are actually really good. I like to snack on nuts. Occasionally I get on a bread kick. Almond butter or toasted with Earth Balance. Very rarely something processed like a veggie burger, or tofu.

I just buy hummus at the store although I think it tastes better if you make it yourself with fresh garlic and chickpeas that you've just boiled yourself. There's not too much that doesn't taste better with a bit of hummus.

I avoid caffeine and feel much better for doing so. Occasionally I'll have some teeccino. Which is a chicory drink that is caffeine free but reminescent of coffee.

That's a few things I like.
Back to top Go down
plantpower

waffles, smoothies, odds and ends Empty
PostSubject: Green Smoothie   waffles, smoothies, odds and ends EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:12 pm

2 oranges peeled
1 banana
1 cup of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, black berries)
1 TBSP ground flax seeds
1/2 TBSP ground sesame, pumpkin or sunflower seeds
2 ounces of organic kale (frozen or fresh)
2 ounces of organic baby spinach

Place in a Vitamix or other powerful blender and blend until smooth and creamy. This smoothie is good prepared with a wide variety of fruits and green leafy vegetables. This is one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.http://howardsbents.blogspot.com

waffles, smoothies, odds and ends
Page 1 of 1