Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

make green tea more effective...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

make green tea more effective... Empty
PostSubject: make green tea more effective...   make green tea more effective... EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:52 pm

In 2 part,s
Did you know that most of the free-radical fighters in green tea never make it to your bloodstream? But there's a solution.
To get a better grasp on the healthy catechins in your green tea, flavor your cup with a squeeze of citrus juice.

Green Tea Booster
Catechins -- the antioxidants in green tea famous for lowering your risk of chronic disease -- quickly lose their power in your intestine. In fact, as much as 80% of the catechins in green tea are never absorbed. The solution to boosting absorption, researchers recently found, is as simple as flavoring your tea with freshly squeezed and strained lemon, orange, lime, or grapefruit juice.

Last edited by RobbieVegan on Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: make green tea more effective...   make green tea more effective... EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:54 pm

Taking Tea with C
The vitamin C in citrus may help with absorption by increasing the acidity in your small intestine. Other unidentified substances in the juice probably lend a hand, too. Researchers found a 50-50 mix had the greatest catechin-preserving effect, and lemon did it best, closely followed by orange, lime, and, in last place, grapefruit.

It's Not All Bad News
If you do take steps to boost the power of your green tea, you may even get a few added benefits.

It may help you lose weight. At least one study shows green tea can stimulate moderate weight loss.
It may help keep your knees young and strong -- catechins fight inflammation and arthritis.
It can help your skin look great if used in conjunction with an antioxidant cream. Dab it on.
It can help you stay sharp -- try 2 cups a day to see benefits
Credit to OP joshb at intense muscle.com
Back to top Go down
Denise Nicole

Denise Nicole

PostSubject: Re: make green tea more effective...   make green tea more effective... EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:29 am

Great info. Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.herfitlife.com
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: Re: make green tea more effective...   make green tea more effective... EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:21 pm

No problem I have been doing this for years but never thought about writing it up then saw this post and it say,s it all so there you go
ROBBIEx
Back to top Go down
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

PostSubject: Re: make green tea more effective...   make green tea more effective... EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Does anyone know what Gunpowder Green Tea is??

make green tea more effective... Special_gunpowder_front

I haven't had any in awhile.

Kind of wild, it's compacted green tea, little nuggets, obviously looking a bit like gunpowder (see picture) but when it is placed into the water the leaves roll out and those pellets all of a sudden become real big, it was easy to make tea way too strong because of that but all the same, refreshing.

make green tea more effective... Gunpowder-green-teamake green tea more effective... Green-Tea-Gunpowder-3502-The-Vert-De-Chine-

"Gunpowder tea (珠茶; pinyin: zhū chá) is a form of green Chinese tea produced in Zhejiang Province of China in which each leaf has been rolled into a small round pellet. It is believed to take its English name from the fact that the tea resembles blackpowder grains. " - Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder_tea

Green tea is interesting, I read a good inexpensive paperback on it. Japanese green tea likewise is very good but different.

Black, Green, Oolong, White tea all come from the same bush from what the book said, just a difference in preparation or stage of drying, etc.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: make green tea more effective...   make green tea more effective... EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Don't know PhysCultureFan but wanted to thank OP. I'll have to add some lemon juice to my green tea. I've been doing a mix of regular tea and green tea and it may be somewhat of an aquired taste but I've really aquired it at this point. Far and away my favorite thing to drink.
Back to top Go down
alwaysyouthful

PostSubject: Re: make green tea more effective...   make green tea more effective... EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:53 am

I love to have green tea with lemon juice. I'm taking it for weight control. you have shared good information about other benefits of green tea. I'll try it for having other benefits also. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bellarosaclinic.com/houston-laser-hair-reduction.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: make green tea more effective...   make green tea more effective... Empty

Back to top Go down

make green tea more effective...
Page 1 of 1