Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Texas kicks in for vegan vaccine funding

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Texas kicks in for vegan vaccine funding Empty
PostSubject: Texas kicks in for vegan vaccine funding   Texas kicks in for vegan vaccine funding EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:26 am

I'm not a great fan of vaccines as rule. Generally better diet & sanitation are better expenditure in my mind (but where's the profit in that). It may be an option in some areas, but generally I'd prefer the cash being spent on cleaner water, better drainage etc. I also have some doubts about some facets of vaccines like agitates (that can be made of aluminium & other potentially dangerous substances - in some cases like the latest flu vaccines being kept secret by some companies!!!). I'm obviously not happy about them being grown using animals or animal products either (this would also increase the likelihood of cross-contamination with animal diseases entering humans - this has happened in the past).
That being said I'm not 100% against vaccines in specific circumstances as they can be shown to offer some short term protection from some diseases.
So here's a quick article about vaccines being made in Texas:

http://www.fiercepharmamanufacturing.com/story/texas-kicks-vegan-vaccine-funding/2010-08-24
August 24, 2010 — 3:20pm ET | By George Miller

Oddly in line with last week's federal announcement setting in motion a medical countermeasures makeover in the U.S., the state of Texas is awarding $4 million for a production center that aims to churn out more than a billion doses annually of tobacco-plant-based influenza vaccine. The award comes from a Texas commission formed to help communities hurt by military base closures.

The money will fund facility construction at Bryan-College Station, on the Texas A&M Health Science Center campus, which is in the vicinity of a military base closed 50 years ago, says the Texas Tribune. The state has many more recent base closures that have affected their communities.

But Project GreenVax is spearheaded by the Texas Plant-Expressed Vaccine Consortium, which is based at the 145,000-square-foot National Center for Therapeutics Manufacturing located at Texas A&M. GreenVax occupies a 13,500-square-meter prefab unit comprising modules for tobacco-growing and research.

For original article this came from click here
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1