Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships Empty
PostSubject: Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships   Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 1:39 am

Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships Article-1301090-0AB7813D000005DC-877_224x583
Here in the UK football (or soccer to you in the US) is very popular (although to be honest I don't follow it myself). Arsenal has a player called Theo Walcott. Well his sister is a vegan figure competitor.

You can read the full article here
Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships Article-1301090-0AB7554A000005DC-327_224x387
As usual I'll post text below:

Quote :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1301090/Walcott-family-sport-blood--Theos-big-sis-makes-splash-bodybuilding-world.html

Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 3:58 PM on 7th August 2010

Sporting ability clearly runs in the Walcott family – as Theo’s big sister Hollie proves, as she makes waves in the bodybuilding world.

The 26-year-old sibling of the Arsenal winger qualified for the British Championships in September, after coming second in the British Natural Bodybuilding Federation Central Championships last month.

The mother-of-two has been training five times a week for 18 months – and is providing inspiration to her famous brother.

She told The Sun: ‘Theo’s asked for training tips for his abs and wanted tips to improve his six pack, he wanted a stomach like mine.

‘We can talk about training and nutrition. It’s good we’ve got something in common.

‘I’m incredibly ambitious and my brother’s great success has only made me want to achieve at the highest level in my field. We are a very competitive family.’

The budding champion follows a strict vegan diet and does not eat potatoes or bread.

Her brother had a setback recently when he was snubbed from the World Cup by England Captain Fabio Capello.

Hollie added: ‘He is really looking forward to the new season and is raring to go.’

Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Pete
Admin
Pete

Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships   Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 7:45 am

It's in the Sun newspaper as well check it out here (Oh yea, for those outside the UK the sun newspaper is kind of like the 'bottom feeder' type of rag. It appeals to the um...less intellectual of the population, so probably reading the comments will just annoy you as many are really, really dim)
Back to top Go down
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

PostSubject: Re: Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships   Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:53 am

The Sun article actually is a bit more insightful except for some of the readers comments.

Quote :
Arsenal winger Theo, 21, has played for England 11 times but was not picked for the World Cup. Hollie, from Compton, Berks, said: "He is really looking forward to the new season and is raring to go."

She qualified for Glasgow through a regional tournament in St Albans, Herts, and like all competitors will undergo tests to prove she is drug-free.

Breakfast includes porridge with soya milk, blueberries and black seeds with half a grapefruit. Throughout the day she will drink green tea and three litres of water.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3085544/If-you-think-Theo-Walcott-is-fit-meet-his-bodybuilding-big-sis.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News#ixzz0w71weF8i

We will generally say Soy but most of the world calls it Soya. I wonder why that is and is 'Soya' a brand name. I wonder what the "black seeds" are?
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships   Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:10 am

I think in the US you tend to shorten stuff:
soya = soy
aluminium = aluminum

Americans seem to have an issue with syllables Laughing

I have no idea what 'black seeds' are. I did a quick google search & found this in wiki, maybe it's this. It's a bitter spice, maybe?
Back to top Go down
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

PostSubject: Re: Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships   Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:41 am

In the forward of the Randy Roach book 'Muscle, Smoke and Mirrors' , the guest writes in the intro/forward that at times, the English spoken in Canada is influenced by the French speaking part of Canada. I am not sure that is correct as I thought the Canadians basically followed the King's English have you, standard English which I would dare say you find in Jamaica and probably Australia, New Zealand, India, South Africa, Hong Kong and other English speaking countries though they are bound to have their own idiosyncrasies as well.

But the premise that the language could be influenced by French or the Continent appears to me to be valid. Although I'm not so sure about words like neighbour/neighbor , colour/color as examples, the words programmes/programs with the former programmes does appear like a French word. A word like Tyre vs. Tire could have a long history as well to it involving the rubber industry. In fact, colour does possibly appear a bit French as the word is 'coleur' in that language. Of course, England will have a very long history with the language as well.

Technology is where the languages seem to diverge, car bonnet (?) I believe is a car hood in English and oh yes, as far as cycling goes, mud guards always but fenders here.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships   Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 9:11 am

I found a wiki answer here about the spelling differences, but I couldn't find why soya is spelt soy in the US?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships   Theo Walcott's big sister flexes her muscles as she qualifies for bodybuilder championships Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1