Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Cocunut Water and Coconut Milk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

Cocunut Water and Coconut Milk Empty
PostSubject: Cocunut Water and Coconut Milk   Cocunut Water and Coconut Milk EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:00 am

I really enjoyed a coconut water drink the other day that the label said was more thirst quenching with better or at least more natural electrolytes than the sports drinks.

I've seen a bit about coconut water lately but as far as I can see it is still expensive and not easy to find and may be a lot of hype as so many products get, not to take anything away from it.

I also bought coconut milk at the store, probably it's like soy milk and I didn't get the flavoured kind for less calories. I wondered if the coconut milk had the same benefits as the water. The watered drink really was very good.

Any comments?
Back to top Go down
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

Cocunut Water and Coconut Milk Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cocunut Water and Coconut Milk   Cocunut Water and Coconut Milk EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:14 am

Here is a fair article on the new Coconut water sports drinks out there.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/04/vita-coco-zico-one-leadership-cmo-network-coconutwater.html

Quote :
...A growing number of coconut-water brands--at least five brands are on the market--are slugging it out for dominance this summer. Until recently, the biggest players have grown by cultivating separate slivers of beverage enthusiasts. They are people who are encouraged to choose coconut water, which typically comes in 11-oz. boxes, as a more natural alternative to sports beverages, energy drinks and flavored water. Makers note that their containers are more earth friendly than plastic bottles too.

Mainly a business article, not much more there.

But all of the drinks come in paper cartons that I've seen.

Cocunut Water and Coconut Milk ProductsVitaCoconutWater
Back to top Go down

Cocunut Water and Coconut Milk
Page 1 of 1