Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Pat Reeves recovery

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Pat Reeves recovery Empty
PostSubject: Pat Reeves recovery   Pat Reeves recovery EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:26 am

just thought I'd let everyone know how Pat Reeves (World Record holding vegan powerlifter) is getting on after surgery. Both the rotator cuff reattachment & the biceps repair appear to be holding up well. She's moved from lifting a broomstick with 1/4Kg on it up to lifting a 20Kg bar, but she's not going crazy, just a steady return to lifting. She's not looking to compete until 2011 (or late 2010 depending on when the 2011 qualifiers are held) assuming everything hods together.
She's in very good spirits & has been doing some contest judging & coaching to keep herself occupied while the healing is going on. Oh yea the surgeon did comment that her healing was 'impressive compared to the average person', so that shows you with the right nutrition healing can happen pretty quickly.
Anyway, I thought I'd keep you all informed about what's going on & how she's recovering.
Hope everyone else in good health,

Pat Reeves recovery Deadlift-top
Pat deadlifting prior to surgery (with the injuries!)
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com

Pat Reeves recovery
Page 1 of 1