Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper Empty
PostSubject: Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper   Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 3:32 am

Here's an article that is very anti-veggie. Strangely enough as over 90% (an estimate by me) of obesity in the western is through over-eating & could actually be called an 'eating disorder', then it would be more accurate to say meat-eating is actually a 'cry for help' & an eating disorder Very Happy
Here's the article for you to read yourself.
Oh yea one final point. The guy obviously has never met any vegans (or certainly not a representative example of us) as we're about the most food orientated group of people around, with taste of various new products being discussed whenever we get together & going out of our way to try out new things. I suppose it's lucky that vegan food does tend to be less calorifically dense or we'd be the one's with obesity issues Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Grayfox

Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper   Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 6:51 pm

A friend, who recently learned that I've committed to a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle, approached me, and in a conspiratorial tone asked, "Don't you really miss a thick, juicy beef steak...?"

I leaned close and whispered in his ear, "To a less extent than you miss that triple bypass heart surgery you underwent last year."
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper   Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:20 am

Ha haa! nice one Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper   Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 6:02 am

That's a neat argument. Anything far outside the norm is extreme and therefore just like Hitler.

There is an important underlying assumption though that it's very understandable to me that people have trouble with. That being the idea that the majority could be so wrong. It is hard to understand how it could really be that the majority is so awfully wrong. And if one simply can't understand how that could be, then they're left to believe that the right answer can never be very different than whatever the majority of people already happen to believe. Then, anything that's 'extreme' is automatically wrong.

Hitler wasn't a vegetarian by the way. He experimented a little with the diet because he had chronic gas issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper   Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper Empty

Back to top Go down

Do the pigs a favour-ban vegetarianism now! - The Times newspaper
Page 1 of 1