Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

I haven't been on here for a while... But I need someone to talk to.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mortidraybob

Mortidraybob

I haven't been on here for a while... But I need someone to talk to. Empty
PostSubject: I haven't been on here for a while... But I need someone to talk to.   I haven't been on here for a while... But I need someone to talk to. EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 11:54 am

Mainly because I haven't been working out as much as I would like. But I just watched some of "earthlings" and because I don't know anyone else that is vegan or vegetarian I thought it might be okay to post here? I became vegan before watching anything like this and now that I've watched it I am so upset! There isn't much reason to this post except that I know that everyone on here probably won't judge me for being so upset. I haven't stop crying since I watched it.

Anyway, I'm sorry for posting something for no reason but I had to say something to someone.

Much love,
Rachel.
x x x
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: I haven't been on here for a while... But I need someone to talk to.   I haven't been on here for a while... But I need someone to talk to. EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:00 pm

That's one of the reasons for the off-topic section!
You need to see some happy things as well - if you want happy animals story - I saw in Italy they were doing a demo then suddenly rushed in & opened the cages & saved a whole load of dogs! Some bad things go on in the world, but along with that we have some good people as well who know it is wrong! We've all cried seeing some of the stuff that's gone on - it can make you sad, angry, depressed...they often say ignorance is bliss & to be honest in some ways it is true, if you don't know you might well be happier...BUT...knowing allows you to work towards change. Even your change is one more small step towards a better world. You can think about your training as part of it as well. Shallow as it sounds if you look fit & attractive then more people are likely to actually consider doing the same dietary choices as you. If you look out of shape, unhealthy then you are less likely to convince people to make the change. I think fit, healthy looking vegans are the best advert for veganism. If you see a bunch of rock hard fit beach-bodies walking down the road & they all have vegan t-shirts on you're going to think "Wow! that vegan diet must be the ticket for getting a body like that!" conversely if you see a load of unfit, unhealthy slob-bodies walking down the road people probably say "See, I knew that vegan diet was bad for you! Look at those bunch over there". That's been a motivation for me anyway.
Oh yea as well as watching the really bad animal films try watching stuff like "forks over knives" which shows the benefits of vegan diets & not really any animal abuse stuff.
Anyway, there's no real way to 'get over' the stuff that goes on as it's truly awful, but you can decide what you can do to make things just a little bit better. The dietary choice is awesome, interacting with others helps you & them contact as being alone can be a struggle! So, helping them can be great as well.
Hopefully, things get a bit easier for you. & post whatever you feel you need to, we're here to help as much as we can. You take care x
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Mortidraybob

Mortidraybob

PostSubject: Re: I haven't been on here for a while... But I need someone to talk to.   I haven't been on here for a while... But I need someone to talk to. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Thank you so much pete for your reply when I watched it I truly felt terrible and to be very honest I felt so sad. It is a horrible thing to see. But I will watch "forks over knives" later today Smile It is so good to know that when I am feeling low I can always come here Smile so thank you for that.
I completely agree with what your saying about peoples opinions on looks and health. Many people in my nutrition coarse ask me how I can be healthy with a vegan diet, they are the same people that are amazed by how many kg I can lift when we are in the gym (I do love my weights Smile ).
But really Pete, thank you for what you said it meant alot to be able to talk to someone.
Love,
Rachel.
x x x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I haven't been on here for a while... But I need someone to talk to.   I haven't been on here for a while... But I need someone to talk to. Empty

Back to top Go down

I haven't been on here for a while... But I need someone to talk to.
Page 1 of 1