Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

how much protien do you really need

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jordan

jordan

how much protien do you really need Empty
PostSubject: how much protien do you really need   how much protien do you really need EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:47 pm

I was trying to figure this question out, and really want to know how much protein is "optimal" without being excessive to put on lean body mass. I have heard a wide variety of answers. Body building magazines and body builder forums all give massive amounts like 1g-1.5g per lb of body wieght ( I wiegh 185 so thats 185g to 277g of protien per day. I even read some forums where some guys eat an excess of 400g of protien per day (almost a pound!). On the other hand I have asked this question in person to nutritionalists and pharmacists and they give an answer like 0.5 to 0.7g of protien per pound for an athelete (so thats about 90g to 130g). Many people so called "nutritionalists" have even said to avoid protien supplements unless I am a hardcore body builder who has been doing it for a while with good gains. Is one of them right? Or is there some happy medium in the middle? I want to ensure I eat enough to make optimal gains, but I don't want to spend oodles of money on protien powder to get a massive amount, nor do I want to hurt my kidneys by eating too much. One of my friends actually hurt his kidneys because he ate too much protein.
Back to top Go down

how much protien do you really need
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum :: Nutrition-
Jump to: