Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

What often annoys me about animal experiments

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

What often annoys me about animal experiments Empty
PostSubject: What often annoys me about animal experiments   What often annoys me about animal experiments EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:21 am

I've just read a study about conversion of ALA to DHA via the liver on rats. The results were that it appeared they easily made enough. Now how does that correlate to humans...well it doesn't! You'd have to repeat a version of the experiment on humans to see if it has any validity, therefore the animal experiment is essentially useless as a predictor as there are way too many variables. The sad thing is there are already people who do not eat DHA at all & so you could very easily insure an adequate ALA source & measure the rates of DHA directly in humans, therefore proving your theory. Studies like these on animals are a total waste of cash, sure it would cost more to do a study on humans, but all this study proves is that rats can convert enough ALA into DHA...NOTHING ELSE!
We need as many studies as possible that can be done on humans to be done on humans. Especially one's like this where there are already populations living the lifestyle the researchers are trying to mimic, it's crazy not to make use of these populations & see what the results are!
It's so annoying
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What often annoys me about animal experiments   What often annoys me about animal experiments EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:12 am

I read a bunch of stuff on whether or not all the decades of experiments having rats inhale fumes/aerosols was of any use and it seemed like people just really didn't want to admit it had been huge waste of time and money.
Back to top Go down
Grayfox

Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: What often annoys me about animal experiments   What often annoys me about animal experiments EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:58 pm

I've heard that the primary goal of animal testing is to provide legal defense to drug and cosmetic companies if they are ever facing charges for harm their products do.
"We tested our product extensively on animals, and they were not harmed..."
Back to top Go down
alwaysyouthful

PostSubject: Re: What often annoys me about animal experiments   What often annoys me about animal experiments EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:47 am

of course animals could not complain if anything wrong happens during experimentation. Its difficult to take the consent of humans for any experiment even if they are already using that product.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bellarosaclinic.com/houston-laser-hair-reduction.php
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What often annoys me about animal experiments   What often annoys me about animal experiments Empty

Back to top Go down

What often annoys me about animal experiments
Page 1 of 1