Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Fruit & vegetables bad- meat & dairy good!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Fruit & vegetables bad- meat & dairy good! Empty
PostSubject: Fruit & vegetables bad- meat & dairy good!   Fruit & vegetables bad- meat & dairy good! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 11:01 am

I couldn't embed this video so you'll have to pop over to fox to view this:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4419153/eat-your-fat-not-your-vegetables/.

Realistically listen to what she is saying "Fruits & vegetables don't have any real nutrition...well maybe some vitamin C & potassium". I'm paraphrasing, but flipping heck! Does the women read no literature? Does the zillion & one studies that show benefits from increased fruit & vegetables mean nothing?

Sure some fat is necessary, I think we all can agree on that one. You might even lose weight if you only ate meat & dairy (seriously, even without any ethical concerns how much could you eat!), so ergo you could lose weight simply by eating less if you went with this diet. I believe you'd also get ill over time (& not too much time at that).

Really this woman is sounds like a variant of the old Weston Price Foundation stooges. It seems anything to sell books is now fair game. Honestly I'd like to put someone onto an all meat & dairy diet (add vitamin C supplement & a few other vitamins if you like), Vs someone who eats all manner of plants (I'd include a B12 supplement). Who would be healthiest after a year? My guess would be the plant eater, they'd also be the most content with their diet (there are many more ways to serve the countless types of vegetables on the earth than there are ways to prepare only meat & dairy).

The whole item is just crazy, does anyone, ANYONE barring some simple extreme nut-job (no offence to nuts!) really believe that eating whole fruit & whole veggies can get you fat on their own?

Most people are fat because of refined products like sugar & flours. Even that does not make grains bad, just REFINED grains. If cakes where still made using sugar & lard people would get just as fat as they would if the cake was made from vegetable fat & sugar.

Obesity is a problem that can only be tackled by INCREASING fruit & vegetable intake, lowering the intake of refined food, also having fat & doing exercise - yes, unfortunately for best results you will have to exercise-it's a simple fact that to get the shape you want, then really WEIGHT LOSS is not the answer, fat-loss & body re-composition is the only method to achieve results - yes you can loss weight & end up stringy or skinny-fat. To achieve decent results you need to exercise. Just for your info I have worked with people who have GAINED weight & lost fat. They've dropped dress sizes & added weight (all the while dropping fat) & have all looked better & felt better, all WITH fruit & veggies - I've never had anyone ask for a diet without them (maybe I will one day drunken ). Of course I've also worked with many who've lost fat AND weight (everything depends on a persons goals).

I expect this post might spark some interest Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com

Fruit & vegetables bad- meat & dairy good!
Page 1 of 1