Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Moringa oleifera

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Moringa oleifera Empty
PostSubject: Moringa oleifera   Moringa oleifera EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 5:26 am

Moringa oleifera Moringa_oleifera
I've been reading a little bit about Moringa oleifera. This is a new plant to me, but I thought it had a pretty decent nutritional profile. In the west you get it as a powder making it a useful possible addition to shakes. It's got high levels of calcium, beta carotene, potassium & other nutrients, it also has 27.1g of protein per 100 grams (dried). That does make it lower in protein than spirulina & wheatgrass powder, for example, but is certainly another option if you want some variety.
I'm still looking into it - I might buy a small tub to check out taste & let you know
When buying try to get powders where the farmers get a fair deal!
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
jacobhenery

Moringa oleifera Empty
PostSubject: moringa   Moringa oleifera EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:06 am

Moringa can be especially beneficial for people recovering from injuries or chronic disease, and those who suffer from certain muscular conditions. These properties also help make moringa a safe and effective diuretic.

moringa
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

Moringa oleifera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moringa oleifera   Moringa oleifera EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:00 am

Athletes (I class everyone who trains as an athlete) are pretty much always in recovery. Muscular, nervous system, we 'toast' them all to the extreme from time to time. I've not found any studies that have proven moringa aids recovery, but common sense tells you that a product high in antioxidants & phyto-nutrients is going to aid recovery somewhat. It is true moringa is used as a medicinal plant in many parts of Africa & has been for hundreds of years (if not longer?), so may very well have beneficial effects on some medical conditions (again there are as yet no studies to confirm this, but anecdotally quite a few cultures use the same plant to treat illness, that's some coincidence).
I believe everyone who has a shake should add a 'green' product to their shake. This can be moringa, wheatgreass, greens plus, chlorella, spirulina, or even just juice or blend some greens whenever they have a shake. You really increase the nutrient density to the food by doing this & make what is basically a 'protein bomb' into something much more nutritious.
Personally I add several greens products (moringa, spirulina, chorella & wheatgrass powders), I also add kelp powder, brewers yeast, cinnamon (I like the taste of cinnamon & it's got a great antioxidant content). I just like to ingest something with a little bit more nutrient density than the average shake.

Right just quickly check the rest of the board, then off to train santa
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Grayfox

Grayfox

Moringa oleifera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moringa oleifera   Moringa oleifera EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:23 pm

"...Athletes (I class everyone who trains as an athlete) are pretty much always in recovery..."

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moringa oleifera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moringa oleifera   Moringa oleifera Empty

Back to top Go down

Moringa oleifera
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum :: Nutrition-
Jump to: