Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Do I still train heavy, or can I just pump up with light weights?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
james123

Do I still train heavy, or can I just pump up with light weights? Empty
PostSubject: Do I still train heavy, or can I just pump up with light weights?   Do I still train heavy, or can I just pump up with light weights? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:59 pm

One thing I don’t want anyone misconstruing is that FST-7 is all about pumping. That’s just one component. I also believe that a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle, and you absolutely must train with heavier weights in the 8-12 rep range. I have tried many variations of heavier and lighter training with clients over the years, and discovered that both types are needed. Heavy weights will build thickness and density, but they will not give you that round, full look. Similarly, getting incredible pumps all the time can impart some of that roundness, but you won’t ever get extreme muscle size without training with heavy straight sets. So you need to focus equally on maximizing both your strength and your pump in the same workouts to see optimal results. Here’s an example of a biceps workout, FST-7 style, that shows you how to incorporate both:

Grayfox

Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: Do I still train heavy, or can I just pump up with light weights?   Do I still train heavy, or can I just pump up with light weights? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Uhhh... James123...
With respect, your several posts sound as if you are advertising your FST-7 system on this forum, and I doubt that this is in keeping with the purposes of this site. May I suggest that you continue this elsewhere.

Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Do I still train heavy, or can I just pump up with light weights?   Do I still train heavy, or can I just pump up with light weights? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Taken care of. And will go ahead and get rid of other posts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do I still train heavy, or can I just pump up with light weights?   Do I still train heavy, or can I just pump up with light weights? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do I still train heavy, or can I just pump up with light weights?
Page 1 of 1