Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Juicing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grayfox

Grayfox

Juicing Empty
PostSubject: Juicing   Juicing EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Back in the days when we were training our Scout Troop kids, the guys would sometimes ask, "Gee, lifting these weights is hard! Isn't there a pill or something that would help build muscles faster...?"

Our answer usually went something like this:
"Yes, there are drugs, anabolic steroids, growth hormones and magic pills that can contribute to building muscles. These are like Zippo Lighters, they do exactly what they promise to do, but unfortunately what they do is dangerous. Yes, there are bodybuilders who use these drugs--humans don't normally grow to that size, shape and mass without drugs--you can see lots of them at competitions. What's the point of entering a competition to see who can swallow the most pills. And think about this: You don't see many old bodybuilders who use enhancement drugs Your body isn't meant to be an experimental chemical laboratory, eat good food, exercise properly and you'll grow to be as strong and sharp-looking as you need to be."

I guess they took us seriously, none of our guys got in trouble with magic pills. Now most of them have kids of their own, so we'll see how it works for the next generation.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

Juicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juicing   Juicing EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:30 am

If you're an athlete the next generation sneer at steroids, they are getting gene 'therapy' (shutting off myostatin & stuff) & SARMS (Selective androgen receptor modulator) which give you steroid-like effects without 'some' of the bad effects of steroids (women bodybuilders especially are going out of their way to find them as they can take them without the side effects steroids cause on them like clitoral enlargement, deep voice, male face, facial hair etc). To be honest I'm not really up on what can be possible side-effects (there certainly will be some) & other effects, but I do know they are in use within the US & Europe already - & the Chinese lifting team are alleged to have be supplied designer gene therapy & SARMS by their Government pre-Olympic games & hence won pretty much everything in the lifting field during the games..as I said alleged because if you actually look at their lifting technique, it is pretty awesome, very machine-like with every lift looking very much like the last - they do have a giant athletic program over there, I dread to think about those who failed due to injury as they probably just get kicked out & forgotten, so they do get the best of the best from 1.3 billion people!
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Grayfox

Grayfox

Juicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juicing   Juicing EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:14 pm

"I lied. I lied to you. I lied to my family. I lied to a lot of people for a lot of years when I said I didn't use steroids. I started taking anabolic steroids in 1969, and I never stopped. Not when I retired from the NFL in 1985. Not ever. I couldn't, and then I made things worse by using human growth hormone, too. I had my mind set, and I did what I wanted to do. So many people tried to talk me out of what I was doing, and I wouldn't listen. And now I'm sick. I've got cancer—a brain lymphoma—and I'm in the fight of my life...I'm sick. And I'm scared...It wasn't worth it..."
--Lyle Alzado, 1991
Died, May 14, 1992
Back to top Go down
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

Juicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juicing   Juicing EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:21 pm

There's a few guys at the gym I wonder about if they are "on the juice" but maybe they are gifted. There are 2 guys I would say uniquely, one white, one black and the bod itself is rather amazing, one guy is from South Africa, seems a good chap.

Those muscle magazines, there are ads for businesses in Canada that sell types of steroids and then they sell pills for your liver too so you ingest the steroids okay.

Don't count me in.
Back to top Go down
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

Juicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juicing   Juicing EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:23 pm

Grayfox wrote:
"I lied. I lied to you. I lied to my family. I lied to a lot of people for a lot of years when I said I didn't use steroids. I started taking anabolic steroids in 1969, and I never stopped. Not when I retired from the NFL in 1985. Not ever. I couldn't, and then I made things worse by using human growth hormone, too. I had my mind set, and I did what I wanted to do. So many people tried to talk me out of what I was doing, and I wouldn't listen. And now I'm sick. I've got cancer—a brain lymphoma—and I'm in the fight of my life...I'm sick. And I'm scared...It wasn't worth it..."
--Lyle Alzado, 1991
Died, May 14, 1992

Although I can enjoy American Football plenty, to me the pros and heck, probably the college too, is tainted because of drug use. If say, 10% of NFL players juice, with so many players, that ends up being a lot.

Then you'd have to go into definition as to what it means to say 10% juiced, do we mean on a normal basis or maybe they tried it a few times or a long time ago??
Back to top Go down
alwaysyouthful

Juicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juicing   Juicing EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:53 am

Some harmful effects of body building steroids include tears in your muscles, as well as enlarged prostate, insomnia, acne, and even an enlarged heart. other effects include include hypertension, which could lead to heart and attack and stroke. You may also experience stunted growth and premature hair loss as a result of taking steroids, and your mood could change dramatically.
so its better to use herbal or natural supplements.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bellarosaclinic.com/houston-laser-hair-reduction.php
Sponsored content

Juicing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juicing   Juicing Empty

Back to top Go down

Juicing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum :: Supplements-
Jump to: