Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Spot the mistakes contest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Spot the mistakes contest Empty
PostSubject: Spot the mistakes contest   Spot the mistakes contest EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:59 am

OK here's just something I thought I'd bung up. I'm not trying to offend the person in the video clip, but I thought it might be a good little form checker for everyone. There are 1,001 internet gurus online these days & everyone is putting stuff on youtube & most people seem to believe that if it's on youtube it's good form - well it's not always:

Anyway here's number 1

Pick as many faults as you can find

OK as a bonus I'll bung in number 2 by the same guy

Any faults there?

If you want to go crazy you can explain why each is a problem & possible bad effects...
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Grayfox

Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: Spot the mistakes contest   Spot the mistakes contest EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:21 am

I don't know zippadeedoodah about kettlebells, but it appears that the gentleman is dividing his down-stroke into two parts. the second of which is way too fast--looks like it puts a heck of a strain on his shoulder when he arrests the weight at the bottom of its descent. He is on his way to a Rotator Cuff tear.

Also he seems to drive the bell upward by flexing his knees then "bouncing" the weight upward. Shouldn't the upward stroke be a smooth, lifting motion...?

And I suspect that he has taken on more weight than he is ready to handle...his form goes all to heck in the last few reps.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Spot the mistakes contest   Spot the mistakes contest EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:38 am

Your quite right about the it being the wrong movement. A clean should actually be done using hip drive, this guy appears to be using all arm, no hips at all. As you said the deceleration is all wrong, the weight should lowered & the hips set up for the next rep absorbing the power & using it to partially 'fuel' the next rep (you kind of end in the same position as you land in a jump). Also 'the core' just isn't happening, again as you said he's taking on too much weight (& actually in my view just using poor form), so he has to get it up any way he can which causes all sorts of movements.
I'm certainly no expert with only a few months using them, but compare the above to a guy who knows how to clean

For someone who hasn't used kettlebells before you did a pretty good summary of the problems in my view.
Back to top Go down
Grayfox

Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: Spot the mistakes contest   Spot the mistakes contest EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:37 pm

However the gentleman's "legwork at the forestry" is not without its hazards...

Spot the mistakes contest Heaveho3

(With apologies, best wishes, and luck to the gentleman in the original videos.)
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Spot the mistakes contest   Spot the mistakes contest EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Ha haa haaaa! that was really funny Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

PostSubject: Re: Spot the mistakes contest   Spot the mistakes contest EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 8:03 pm

Unfortunately, my computer doesn't download quickly, I'll have to watch this somewhere else and then comment.

Here winter is so harsh that when spring and summer comes sunny , I don't read much, I'm not lifting weights much but I certainly get out in the fresh air to exercise.

But now I'm getting back into the routine some....
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Spot the mistakes contest   Spot the mistakes contest EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:59 am

You don't have to lift weights to train, bodyweight stuff, lifting other stuff, running, swimming, biking, the list goes on. It's mainly keeping slightly more active than is comfortable that should be the goal for everyone, just pushing a bit more than before, so you are breathing a bit heavier & hopefully improving slightly. Obviously your goals play a big part in this (if you wanted to be a powerlifter you'd have to lift heavy stuff for low reps for example), but for the average "I just want to stay healthy" person just getting a bit of a sweat & breathing heavy doing any activity will do the job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spot the mistakes contest   Spot the mistakes contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Spot the mistakes contest
Page 1 of 1