Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

The kindest cut of all

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grayfox

Grayfox

The kindest cut of all Empty
PostSubject: The kindest cut of all   The kindest cut of all EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:22 pm

I’ve been trying to make some modest cuts toward the goal of better definition-- eating intelligently and working out regularly. This morning an errand took me near my doctor’s office so I called and asked his nurse if I could drop by and step on their accurate scale. The nurse, a lady who knows something about fitness herself, said okay, come on in.
I made sure to leave my cell phone and car keys behind, and took off my jacket before I got on the scale. The nurse looked at the digital read out, then at my medical chart.
“Hmm,” said the nurse, “You’re five pounds heavier than you were a year ago.”
That’s not possible, I whined, I’ve done everything I was supposed to…
“Don’t worry about it,” she said, “Muscle is heavier than fat. Don’t look at the scales, look in the mirror.”
The nurse is a nice lady, I feel a lot better now.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: The kindest cut of all   The kindest cut of all EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 1:58 pm

That's the thing; for us being called 'overweight' on the BMI is a goal (being called obese would be even better) Laughing
[for those that don't know the BMI - body mass index - simple compares height to weight, so obviously as you add muscle you can work up to being overweight, or even obese & still have abs Twisted Evil - if you make obese with abs then you're a physical specimen!]
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Grayfox

Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: The kindest cut of all   The kindest cut of all EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:47 pm

According to the BMI chart I found on line I am in the "overweight" range.
According to the notches in my belt I've lost about two inches during the past year or so.

The magic works!
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: The kindest cut of all   The kindest cut of all EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:14 am

For us scales & BMI aren't the best tools it's things like waist circumference, arm relaxed & flex is also good (compare the difference between the relaxed & flexed arms, the bigger the difference, the better). You can get measured by a trainer with callipers (if they know what they are doing - you can't calliper yourself correctly), or just take pictures (at the same time of day, in the same place, doing the same pose, in the same underwear or swimwear - not a bathing suit, but bikini for the ladies). All good ways to track yourself & doing a few will certainly help you keep on track.
I'm still at the high end healthy, I'm aiming at hitting 'overweight' on the BMI within 12 months Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The kindest cut of all   The kindest cut of all Empty

Back to top Go down

The kindest cut of all
Page 1 of 1