Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Vegetarian Sports Nutrition

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
krawDaddy26

krawDaddy26

Vegetarian Sports Nutrition Empty
PostSubject: Vegetarian Sports Nutrition   Vegetarian Sports Nutrition EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 5:00 pm

I've been trying to find some books specifically on vegetarian sports nutrition. How many calories, when, and how the macronutrients should be distributed. Any ideas/suggestions are more than welcome.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarian Sports Nutrition   Vegetarian Sports Nutrition EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 3:54 am

There are a few books out there, to some extent it does depend on what sports you do. Obviously an endurance athlete needs different foods to a strength athlete.
For the strength athlete a non-veggie book, but it has veggie options is Power Eating.
From Human kinetics there is Vegetarian Sports nutrition
From Brendan Brazier The Thrive books
The vegetarian sports nutrition guide
A couple from Douglas Graham Nutrition & Athletic performance & 80-10-10

Bear in mind the last one's from Douglas Graham are high raw, low protein, low fat diets. Personally I've not found much success with athletes using that methodology, but I thought I throw in the options.
There are also things like Precision nutrition that have a useful plant-based eating section & on their forums have an actual vegan guy moderating the plant-based section who is actually pretty knowledgeable.
Hopefully that's been of some help to you? If you need anything more specific let me know & I'll dig about.
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
krawDaddy26

krawDaddy26

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarian Sports Nutrition   Vegetarian Sports Nutrition EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:02 pm

I've already read Power Eating, finished it a couple months ago (very good book indeed, Kleiner sure knows what she is doing) and I'm about to start up Thrive in the next few weeks once I get out of school. Those others sound good, and I've been following John Berardi and precision nutrition for a while now too. I just enjoy reading about nutrition and anything is helpful.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vegetarian Sports Nutrition   Vegetarian Sports Nutrition Empty

Back to top Go down

Vegetarian Sports Nutrition
Page 1 of 1