Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

My friend gets better from M.E.!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

My friend gets better from M.E.!!! Empty
PostSubject: My friend gets better from M.E.!!!   My friend gets better from M.E.!!! EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 10:46 am

My friend Lu (who I've known for donkeys years - no she's not a veggie or vegan or anything) just had the worst flu of her life. When she finely started to feel better she has found, much top her surprise that she's got over years of chronic fatigue! Whether it'll last or not I don't know, but it was kind of like a miracle cure for her. You can check out her blog page here
Anyway I thought some of you might be interested? It's pretty great news for her! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Pete
Admin
Pete

My friend gets better from M.E.!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My friend gets better from M.E.!!!   My friend gets better from M.E.!!! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:43 pm

I forgot to update this. It was temporary recovery Crying or Very sad she's got worse again after a few weeks, bit of a bummer for her.....but I do know someone who appears to be making a slow, but steady recovery from fibromyalgia (a condition related to M.E.). Working closer with them we've devised a training plan they can do (modifiable depending upon strength that day), & also a pretty odd selection of exercises which they can do (they are not really totally balanced, but they have some issues with standing, training unsupported etc), so things like using a stability ball for support, no overhead work, no resistance bands (many people with these type of conditions cannot use bands at all without pain). The training & diet is individual, you couldn't offer it as a cooker cutter for M.E. suffers, they all have to work towards creating their own unique program, but it can be done, assuming you give yourself time, work within your limits & start very, very light (this person was doing around 100Kg deadlift before they had the condition, when we started they curled 1Kg the first session! as a side note they are now curling 12Kg for sets).
I believe most people who overcome this sort of condition do so incrementally with times when they seem better, then times when they seem worse, it can take some time to regain a reasonable level of health & vitality, but it can be done for many people if they can be patient.
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com

My friend gets better from M.E.!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum :: Injury & rehab-
Jump to: