Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
porco_espinho

porco_espinho

Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days? Empty
PostSubject: Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days?   Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:24 am

Hi all,
I am currently doing push, pull, full body workouts on M/W/F and jogging or training martial arts on T, Th, Sat & Sun. Effectively taking no off days. My rationale is that on the days in between resistance training I am doing more of an aerobic exercise thus should be OK as recovery. Nonetheless, I have started to notice I am feeling exhausted at night and much more tired than normal. So here is the question, are recovery days truly meant to be off-days (as in doing nothing) or can something (like a light run) works as well? what has your experience taught you? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days?   Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 7:14 am

Basically light stuff is fine ...quick answer as got to run my self!
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
porco_espinho

porco_espinho

PostSubject: Re: Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days?   Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days? EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 10:58 am

Quick and effective answer. Enjoy your run mate.
Back to top Go down
BlueRose

BlueRose

PostSubject: Re: Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days?   Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 7:33 pm

I like doing stretching and toning exercises during my off days myself. I absolutely *hate* being sedentary and unless I am feeling dead tired, I try not to be inactive during them if I can help it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days?   Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 10:58 pm

I think there's nothing wrong with exercising everyday but still the best answer is unfortunately it just depends on a bunch of things which are unknowns. If for example you're trying to gain weight and having trouble it might be said you should do less. And just how much intensity you're doing each of these different activities also can make a big difference.

If you're so tired you're really having to use willpower to keep at it, it might be more realistic to ease up the intensity or take a few days off and ensure you stick with an exercise plan that you know you can stay with the rest of your life.
Back to top Go down
BlueRose

BlueRose

PostSubject: Re: Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days?   Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:37 am

Jay wrote:
I think there's nothing wrong with exercising everyday but still the best answer is unfortunately it just depends on a bunch of things which are unknowns. If for example you're trying to gain weight and having trouble it might be said you should do less. And just how much intensity you're doing each of these different activities also can make a big difference.

Overtraining is just as bad if you're trying to lose it also. I still remember doing 1.5-2 hours worth of cardio every day and wondering why it never made a difference. Your body adapts over time, and overtraining just pushes it into "hoard what energy you can" mode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.TeaAddictedGeek.com
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days?   Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:45 pm

Yes. I also have noticed additionally that when I overtrain I really crave junk food and too much food in general. Like I'm trying to make myself feel better with chips, chocolate, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days?   Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are recovery days really (doing nothing) days?
Page 1 of 1