Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

The common cold

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grayfox

Grayfox

The common cold Empty
PostSubject: The common cold   The common cold EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 5:30 pm

"Go hang yourself, you old M.D.
No longer will you sneer at me.
Pick up your hat and stethoscope,
Go wash your mouth with laundry soap.
I did not call you to be told,
My malady is a Common Cold.
...For I have germs as big as mice,
With heads of fire and feet of ice..."

(I've not been able to find the name of the poet) ...but it describes the cold I've had for the past week.
It wasn't the H1M1, Megadeath, Piggy-Pox, but it's been a lulu.

However as with most people who stay in shape and refrain from eating dead things, I don't get many colds, and those I do get are over soon, as this one is.

It does cut into one's training schedule since no one wants to sneeze onto the same set of weights that someone else is using, and hog-like snorts are not pleasing.

I've rested, slept through as much of the cold as possible, and am now adding 3 1/2 pounds onto each end of the barbells to celebrate.

Merry Christmas to all...!
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

The common cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The common cold   The common cold EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 4:47 am

Nice attitude! We all get ill, but it's how we come back that counts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

The common cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The common cold   The common cold EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 8:45 am

Now that you mention "H1N1" and "piggy pox" and say you had a Lulu of a cold, I don't know what I had, I kind of wonder if I had a dormant H1N1 flu inside me for 2 years, going back two years this spring because I'd never felt so weak, I scared it off a few times and come summer it did not effect me, but I played in a big endurance event and come the fourth of July, I slept all day while everyone else was out on holiday and I had back aches as well. But I got over that but come winter, I'd have all this weird stuff, the aches moving from one joint to another. And here, I don't mean to sound like I relied on modern medicine but I did get the H1N1 shot in January and have basically not looked back now, tiny bit of spring allergy lasting 2 days. I really wonder if I had the swine/h1n1 virus in my system, sleeping at times but once I got the shot, everything has been normal.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

The common cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The common cold   The common cold EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 1:52 pm

If you had H1N1 already a vaccine wouldn't help (the same goes for any vaccine they are designed to make you immune BEFORE you get the illness, they do nothing after you have it). As a side note did you get an symptoms after the shot. Often getting an illness can 'clean out' stuff lurking in the background. I've seen people recover from M.E. (chronic fatigue) & other illnesses by getting sick (on occasion - I've also seen people get ill & not get recover 100% as well!). It's like the body getting sick triggers the immune system, then that just starts going hunting & clears out all the nasties hiding within the body.
I'm not saying this is what happened in your case, nor do I recommend it as a treatment if you have any condition as their are certainly risks to getting deliberately sick! but I have noticed it on occasions.
(I'm not a medical professional so this is simply an anecdotal idea, so do not act on it anyone please!)
Back to top Go down
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

The common cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The common cold   The common cold EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Time line is 2 years ago, about March 2008 got ill but got better then, got laid up tired for about 2 days in the summer and did not get sick until winter 2009 and finally in January, got an H1N1 shot and I have been well since so maybe the word is? hypochondriac but since then, I've felt 'normal'. I really seem to get a cold every winter.

I know lots of people are wary of vaccinations.

I also have not pushed my system as much as I have in the past few years so that and really, I should cut out sugar totally but I haven't and I think that can make one's system susceptible. But I've cut way down on my sugar and probably have more or less an average build.

Thank You for your time and for answering all my queries Pete . I will try to be as concise as possible, I can tend to write a lot at times. I enjoy reading the blog.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

The common cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The common cold   The common cold EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 3:21 am

The basic premise of vaccines is quite valid in my view, but I do have some worries about some of the stuff they also add. They use things called agitates that 'activate' or set off that immune system (this isn't the dead virus cells themselves this is extra stuff) common stuff is aluminium & other toxic metals, in the H1N1 there were 2 companies making vaccines GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis who insisted their agitate be kept confidential, so you'd no idea what is in it. They also grow the cultures in an animal medium very often, so the chances of picking up some cross-contaminant is there as well.

Most worrying is the deal most Governments signed giving themselves & companies complete immunity from any liability from the effects of the H1N1 flu jab - most people think this is some sort of conspiracy hype, but actually they are quite open about it you can read it for yourself on the US government flu site right here I just think there must be some serious risk for companies to lobby so hard to get such an act through & for the Government to agree makes it even odder. Think about it what other medicine has a disclaimer saying if use the product as advertised & hurts you you can sue anyone involved, from the makers, through to the Government, or anyone else in the supply chain for ANY reason!

It's a worrying development in my view.
Back to top Go down
alwaysyouthful

The common cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The common cold   The common cold EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 10:40 am

If you take medicines for cold you will get better in one week otherwise it will take seven days. So no need to worry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bellarosaclinic.com/houston-laser-hair-reduction.php
Sponsored content

The common cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The common cold   The common cold Empty

Back to top Go down

The common cold
Page 1 of 1