Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Garden training

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Garden training Empty
PostSubject: Garden training   Garden training EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:34 pm

Here's a quick picture of my initial set-up for training in my garden today

Garden training Tire_kettlebell_sandbag

Just in case you can't make it all out in the photo is a barbell with wheels as weight plates (I got bits you put in the middle so they fit a barbell), a 20Kg kettlebell & a light sandbag (not sure of the bags exact weight, it started around 20Kg but it has lost some sand over time) oh yea & all-important chalk block!!!

This wasn't a planned session. I watched the crossfit games & just fancied something a little bit different. As well as what is in the photo I used some old plastic covered concrete weight discs to add weight, a 10Kg medball & a stability ball. I did a whole load of tri-sets. Not heavy, but a bit of fast fun in the garden with an audience of Onnie the cat
Garden training Onnie
Not as totally cool as Grayfox's set-up, but it was nice to be outside doing stuff.
Basically worked the barbell from overhead press for 3 sets, then high pulls x3, then bent over rows x 3, then deadlift x3, adding weight to each movement. I did one of the above exercises for each of the tri-sets I did so for the first 3 tri-sets I did 1 power clean, then overhead press (in this case with a KB swing as the second exercise of the tri-set & 1 arm sandbag snatch as the third); next 3 tri-sets I started with a high pull, then did a 1 arm KB snatch & a sandbag clean & press. Again I did 3 tri-sets & so on with things like medball slams, push-up with feet on stability ball, crunch on stability ball, can't remember what else.
It was a fun time, feeling pretty beat-up right now as I usually train much heavier, but with longer rests inbetween, so I got a bit of fatigue build-up as the session went on.
Anyway, just thought that I'd mention having a change now & again can really spice things up if you've been doing the same things for a while, or just fancy a change like I did today.
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Grayfox

Grayfox

Garden training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden training   Garden training EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:40 am

Onnie the cat is your cheering squad?
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

Garden training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden training   Garden training EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 7:53 am

More like bemused onlooker, than cheering scratch confused
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Garden training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Garden training   Garden training Empty

Back to top Go down

Garden training
Page 1 of 1