Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds Empty
PostSubject: deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds   deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 9:35 am

This guy is not vegan, but I was so impressed with the lift, he makes 1,015 seem like a warm-up weight...notice how he holds it, SMILES, then slowly lowers it! I heard him on an interview, apparently he trains on the 2nd floor, so has learnt to lift like that, it's now his training style affraid Also he kind of rolls it towards him like some people suggest, you need to really have your method tight as any mistake & this won't work. I suggest most people learn with a static bar, if you start hitting massive weights & want to experiment with this style do it then, not while trying to DL a PR of 1/2 body weight Very Happy

The lift is raw. Oh yea the raw deadlift record is now higher than the suited record Cool (although I believe that he's planning on suiting up & trying to break this record for the suited record either this weekend or next - I seem to remember hearing him say that in his interview?)

Notice the build, if you want maximum lifts you will have to accept some fatness, it's pretty much a fact of life that big lifters have a gut & some adipose tissue to achieve these sorts of lifts (look at Paul Anderson or any maximum strength lifter in the heaviest weight classes). Anyway here's the video (hold your jaw it's going to fall open!!!!)

Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds   deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Although it can be mentioned that being raw doesn't matter as much for the deadlift as any suit that did much would make it impossible to bend over and grab the bar. Also with the deadlift it seems for more people that as they start really packing on the weight, their max lift doesn't increase like it does with the squat or bench.

It is impressive. He does make it look easy. More functional than squatting, IMO. He still looks like he could run a bit despite his size.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds   deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 2:16 am

He actually sprints quite fast apparently as part of his regular training (imagine that guy chasing you affraid affraid affraid !!!)
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Grayfox

Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds   deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:05 pm

In years gone by I used to train with a group of friends in a second floor gym across the town square from another gym full of amateur lifters. They were much better power lifters than we were, but we followed a more organized program, and looked better than those apes. Today a couple of us are still lifting but none of those guys are still active in the sport. Some dropped out, some gave way to injuries.
There's probably a moral to this story...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds   deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds Empty

Back to top Go down

deadlift raw world record 1015 pounds
Page 1 of 1