Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Couple of new items.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grayfox

Grayfox

Couple of new items. Empty
PostSubject: Couple of new items.   Couple of new items. EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:37 pm

I've recently added a couple of exercises to my routine.
As I've mentioned before my work-out area is unheated in the winter; these can be done in the cold and do seem to make a difference.

Ab Contractions:
From a standing stance, hunch your shoulders slightly, breath out, then pull your abs in, concentrated on the pull of the abs. I'm doing three sets of sixty. These are relatively easy and make a good exercise between sets of other exercised. These do seem to make a difference.

"Horizontal Pullups":
From Robert dos Memidios' "Cardio Strength Training."
Place a bar across the safety bars of a cage (you could also do this with a bar suspended by chains from an overhead anchor point)).
"Hanging underneath a bar with your legs straight and core tight, pull yourself up until your chest touches the bar..."

Doing this with your feet flat on the floor and your knees bent is good for warm up, and actually fairly easy. If your are masochistic and want a better workout, put your feet on a bench and try to touch your chest to the bar.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Couple of new items.   Couple of new items. EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 5:00 am

I call Horizontal pull-ups "Inverted rows" I do them from gymnastic rings, they are pretty hard (for me) when it's unstable like that.

As well as knees bent you can also vary the height, the higher the bar, the easier, so if you have a weaker person, start them at a 45 degrees lean & work down to horizontal is a great progression leading to a stronger pull & maybe even aid a person wanting to eventually do ordinary pull-ups?

Oh just found this variation Cool might try it at some point as my back improves

You could also try it without twisting the body (I think that might be actually harder!)...obviously all the variations can be done with weight vests if you need more resistance
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Grayfox

Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: Couple of new items.   Couple of new items. EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Okay, I'll try those.

By the way, I'm about sixty days into a ninety day cycle. Doing a four-day split based on a Joe Weider program, and hitting it pretty hard (I just got back to my oldest, best benching-weight--without breaking anything).
So to reward myself I replaced the old cheap dime store mirrors in the gym with new cheap dime store mirrors, the better to maintain good form and to admire myself.
But then because things seemed to be going so well I got cocky and bought a scale to see how much weight I had lost.
Bad mistake.
Exactly the same as I'd weighed in with two months ago.

I know, muscle is heavier than fat.
And as long as I feel good and my pants fit okay...

It's an incentive to pursue those ab exercises that were posted here lately.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple of new items.   Couple of new items. Empty

Back to top Go down

Couple of new items.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum :: Other training-
Jump to: