Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s Empty
PostSubject: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Trained at 5pm with Lee 6min,s on stationary bike 3sets of ab,s 3set,s hyperextentions
Pec Deck Flys 100 rep set
Incline press 2 warm up sets, 15reps heavy, 10 repper, triple drop 10-12-20 reps
Extreme stretch
30 rep Side lat raises
Standing shoulder press 2 warm sets, triple drop set 8-8-15
Extreme Stretch
1 Arm bicep cable curls warm up 30 reps ,heavy 15 reps, triple drop set 8-10-15
V-bar curls all out set 30 reps
Extreme stretch
45 Min,s all done
All up on log book good w/out
Robbie
Back to top Go down
john machin

john machin

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:44 am

Robbie, what are these extreme stretches? Latest I've read is it's advantageous to CONTRACT the working muscle/s between sets in a repeated 10 second hold, 5 second release sequence.
Back to top Go down
http://wwww.placeinumbria.com
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:21 am

Hi John extreme stretching abit hard to explain will try and find a pic of them for chest I drop down into the deepist flye [with dumbells] and hold for 60 seconds
ROBBIE
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:21 am

There's research that shows that stretching under load stimulates hypertrophy in test subjects. If you do it right it's very, VERY unpleasant. When Robbie was down here for the Brighton Vegan fayre we had a session & he got me doing extreme stretches, they hurt like hell!
By the way the term comes from the DC training protocol. The basics are once you finish doing a muscle group you end with a weighted stretch of that muscle, the extra fatigue means you wouldn't have to weight a muscle as much as you would if it was fresh, but the stretch, while you're pumped seems to encourage the myofascial sheath to stretch, therefore allowing the muscle to grow that much more quickly (at least that's one theory I've heard about it-there may well be others?)
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:44 pm

Cardio this morning 15 min,s stationary bike 3 set,s crunchies 3 set,s hyperextention,s[body wt] 90% shoulder cure 50 reps posed abit then meal 1 of 6 pig
Robbie
Back to top Go down
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Pete wrote When Robbie was down here for the Brighton Vegan fayre we had a session & he got me doing extreme stretches, they hurt like hell! Evil or Very Mad
ROFL yes a fun day for me anyway Laughing
ROBBIE
Back to top Go down
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 1:39 pm

http://sharebee.com/77a88478
Link to pic of Extreme Stretching What a Face
Robbie
Back to top Go down
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: CALVES HAMS QUADS AT 5PM   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:29 am

Trained with Jodie as Lee is at surf school forgot how driven she is we blasted our legs could hardly walk when finished so she is taking the dog,s for a walk tonight Laughing
Calves 1set of D/C calves on standing calve mac slow up slow down and hold at bottom for 15 sec,s
Standing leg curls 2 warm up sets 30 and 15 reps Triple drop set 10-15-20-reps
Extreme Stretch
Leg Extentions 2 warm up sets 60 and 30 reps Triple Drop set 20-20-20- reps
Squat/Lunges widow maker set only got 15 reps Embarassed
Extreme Stretch
90% Shoulder Cure 50 reps
Music Loud and Live [80,s heavy metal]
Robbie
Back to top Go down
Denise Nicole

Denise Nicole

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:28 am

john machin wrote:
Robbie, what are these extreme stretches? Latest I've read is it's advantageous to CONTRACT the working muscle/s between sets in a repeated 10 second hold, 5 second release sequence.

Robbie introduced me to these as well and I have never looked back! Very Happy

I am trained to stretch people out when personal training them.... done improperly can injure someone. The same goes when stretching one's self out via extreme stretching. Proper technique is important Smile

Robbie - training looking good Babe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.herfitlife.com
john machin

john machin

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:41 am

Have to admit, D, I avoid stretching, definitely during resistance training. It doesn't feel conducive and it's so easy, when you're hyped up, to overdo it and tear a muscle that's already under considerable strain.
There's also the possibility that, over time, you'll loosen the joints too much.
I make sure I take the warm-up sets to full ROM to keep the limbs supple.
Read so many stats showing more injuries are caused by stretching then playing sport. Might work for some. I'm not a fan, sorry.
Back to top Go down
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:25 pm

Robbie introduced me to these as well and I have never looked back!
I remember you saying ahh the pain it,s better than sex Laughing
Robbie - training looking good Babe! Cheer,s you still doing it Doggie style? Evil or Very Mad
ROBBIE x
Back to top Go down
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Have to admit, D, I avoid stretching, definitely during resistance training. It doesn't feel conducive and it's so easy, when you're hyped up, to overdo it and tear a muscle that's already under considerable strain.
There's also the possibility that, over time, you'll loosen the joints too much.
I make sure I take the warm-up sets to full ROM to keep the limbs supple.
Read so many stats showing more injuries are caused by stretching then playing sport. Might work for some. I'm not a fan, sorry.
John you are missing out big time
ROBBIE
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Robbie said:
Quote :
I remember you saying ahh the pain it's better than sex Laughing

I know I never said that when you came here to train Laughing hee hee
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:05 pm

I know I never said that when you came here to train hee hee
Know but K did Laughing [got you there Laughing Laughing Laughing ]
Robbie
Back to top Go down
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: BACK TRICEPS HIT TO THE MAX at 4.40pm   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:46 am

PULLOVERS 1 ALL OUT SET 60 REPS
V-BAR PULLDOWNS 15-10-TRIPLE DROP 3-5-8-15
BB DEAD LIFTS 12 3X6 REPS WIDOW MAKER 30 REPS
REAR DELTS 1 ALL OUT SET 30 REPS
EXTREME STRETCH
1 ARM TRICEPS PUSHDOWNS 30-15-TRIPLE DROP SET 8-8-15
TRICEP PUSHDOWNS WIDOW MAKER 30 REPS
EXTREME STRETCH
90% SHOULDER CURE 50 REPS
MUSIC SHIT LEFT RADIO ON No
Trained on own as Lee got held up so he trained when I had finished and Jodie don,t know where the hell she is hang on where,s me credit card Laughing Great work/out both back and triceps pumped
ROBBIE
Back to top Go down
john machin

john machin

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Shoulder cure, Robbie?
Back to top Go down
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: Here you go   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:24 pm

HOW TO CURE SHOULDER PROBLEMS (Trust me this will do it 90% of the time)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With a large towel or broomstick I want you to hold it with straight arms for the entire time of what i describe in the following movement--a large "rolled up like a rope" beach towel works good but honestly a longer broomstick (without the bristles) works best in my opinion. Start out with it with a really wide grip (with straight arms) in front of you (on your quads) and with straight arms bring it up and overhead and then down and back to the middle of your back--STRAIGHT ARMS ALL THE WAY--this is going to be very difficult and hard the first couple times out and then will be "old hat" with time----and its going to be painful in a stretching pump kind of way---i want 50 reps each time you do this--one repetition is from in front of your face (all with straight arms) to up overhead and back, and then down all the way to the middle of your back and then back up overhead to in front of your face again (again all with straight arms)--the important part of the movement is the area overhead that is really tight--do all of this carefully/slowly---dont just whip it over and back---if your hand is slipping off the broomstick even with the widest grip, or you cant bring your arms over straight and the start bending on you, you have some serious shoulder inflexibility and need to work this hard and get up to speed (or you could just need a longer broomstick too)--again do all of these revolutions controlled and carefully--push into the stretch as you go along toward the 50 revolutions, your chest will be pushing outward and your shoulders rolling back--your shoulders are going to blow up with so much blood its going to be incredibly painfull pumpwise--Do this once a day at nite as many times a week as you can---sometimes I have people do it every single day---but every time you do it try to move your grip inward (thats the key)----its going to be very hard to do but try your best to move your grip inward for the next 2-4 weeks and your range of motion with shoulders will increase dramatically and any impingement and the majority of other problems should be gone in 2 weeks--also try to move your grip in as you are doing the 50 revolutions--start off with a stretching but relatively easy 10 to warm up some, then try to move your grip in even by a centimeter if you can for the next 20 revolutions and then at 30 try to move the grip in another centimeter--really try to push what you can do stretchwise once your warmed up here--trust me this sounds easy but your going to be muttering "fuck you robbie" after you get to your 25th revolution--Ive cured too many shoulder problems with this simple movement now its pretty ridiculous, and this and a menthol rub applied liberally daily and before sleep has cured alot of shoulder/bicepital tendonitis in trainees ----but remember the broomstick goes overhead and all the way back to the middle of the back )
Back to top Go down
john machin

john machin

PostSubject: Re: CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:55 pm

Interesting, Robbie, thanks. I do wall angels regularly, so the shoulders are pretty flexible. I've a long broom handle in the living-room-cum-gym; just tried your exercise; it's tough, but I can get there (with a tiny elbow bend at 120 degrees, tut). I'll keep at it. That sort of stretching I can just about handle.
Back to top Go down
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: 6pm CHEST SHOULDERS BICEPS OH YEAH   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:14 pm

A stooker of a work out today with Lee [he is getting married Friday I am waiting till 2010]
PEC DECK FLY,S WU 80 REPS 20 REPS TRIPLE DROP 10-10-20 REPS
INCLINE PRESS WU 15 HEAVY 10-TRIPLE DROP 8-8-13 REPS
EXTREME STRETCH
SIDE LATERIAL RAISES 30-10-TRIPLE DROP 8-8-15 REPS
STANDING SHOULDER PRESS ON CALVE MAC 10 REPS TRIPLE DROP 8-8-15 REPS
UPRIGHT ROWS WIDOW MAKER 30 REPS
EXTREME STRETCH
1 ARM BICEP CABLE CURLS 15-10-TRIPLE DROP 8-8-15 REPS
V-BAR CURLS WIDOW MAKER 30 REPS
HAMMER CURLS [BOTH WAYS] 10-10 REPS
EXTREME STRETCH
90% SHOULDER CURE
MUSIC ROLLING STONES
45 MINS IN TOTAL ALL DONE BICEPS ARE SPENT
ROBBIEx
Back to top Go down
RobbieVegan

RobbieVegan

PostSubject: 7pm CALVES HAM,S QUAD,S   CHEST/SHOULDER,s/BICEP,s EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:03 pm

TRAINED WITH JAMES[MANAGER AT H/B] GOOD W/OUT PUSHED EACH OTHER TO THE LIMIT AND SOME
ROCK N BURN CALVES 3SETS
STANDING LEG CURLS 30-15-TRIPLE DROP 8-8-15 REPS
EXTREME STRETCH
LEG EXTENTIONS 60-30-TRIPLE DROP 20-20-20 REPS
SQUAT LUNGES 50 REPS
EXTREME STRETCH
90% SHOULDER CURE
MUSIC RAMSTEIN
ROBBIEx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content