Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Washer Woman's Sprain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

Washer Woman's Sprain Empty
PostSubject: Washer Woman's Sprain   Washer Woman's Sprain EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:26 am

Washer Woman's Sprain Afp20040901p879-f2 Directly to the left of the 'anatomic snuffbox' in this photo where basically you have the slight bump in the hand, I've experienced slight swelling. Nothing appears to be broken because I got X-rays though X-rays don't always show fractures, the swelling I am told is not too severe and often if you break something in the hand, there can be major swelling in the hand. I have researched this issue and though I can't find it right off, it might be the kind of injury that has been suffered by women in the past from 'washing clothes and then ringing or twisting them out', a bit of a repetitive motion type of deal, this may have to do with the nerves. Sometimes, if say, there is a jar or bottle to twist open, the discomfort comes back. The one way to truly heal this may in fact be to put the thumb in a splint but I'm not positive if this is the problem and I don't want to spend too much going to a sports injury practitioner. This does not really limit my use in about anything but if anyone has any advice, I'd be open to hear it.

Back around a year ago as said in these forums, I might have tried the 'perfect push-ups' products and immediately, I did not like this because of the twisting of the wrist. Then one day in the summer I rode the bicycle back from the store and in my right wrist, I was carrying some groceries, that's all but since that time, I feel like that was sort of the straw that aggravated this THOUGH it is important to mention I was playing a football/soccer game and at one point may have fallen hard on my wrist and falling on your open palm/wrist is often the way "wrist sprains" happen. As I said, the swelling here is very minor, my thumb has not lost it's mobility, as I said sometimes when twisting something does the pain come to the fore.

This whole episode may be slightly carpal as well, having to do with the nerves. We will see. I've edited this a whole lot of times so I am sure it sends the "views" number real high.

Last edited by PhysCultureFan on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

PostSubject: Re: Washer Woman's Sprain   Washer Woman's Sprain EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:47 am

Washer Woman's Sprain Fig-348-View-of-the-anatomical-snuff-box-and-the-radial

Here is another good illustration of the hand. Again, we'd be looking at more of the area at the base of the thumb. The swelling is not real noticeable. I think it must be a sprain of some sort though it does not seem too bad, it seemed to flare up more when I did some heavy snow shoveling not long ago. I also do have one of those carpal wrist braces, but nothing like that seems to make too much of a difference unless maybe if I tried to really immobilise the area which I have not really done per se.

Also, I can read this on wrist sprains, http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/sprainsstrains/a/wristsprain.htm this is not what I really have. A splint might heal it. Not much pain really, I'd characterise it more as discomfort.

Here we go, it may be "Washer Woman's Sprain" or the "De Quervain's Syndrome" as shown on this web page, http://orthohoda.blogspot.com/2009/06/dequervains-syndrome-washerwomans.html I try to copy quotes here but it comes with all the formatting so I'll just post the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeQuervain%27s_syndrome#Treatment

Hmmmn, it reads acetaminophen has been used, I've used ibuprofen but not the other, also I have iced, compressed. It seems better than it was after shovelling snow and typing like this is of no problem nor doing any kinds of biceps, triceps exercises but for cardiovascular, I might stick to safer past times.

Washer Woman's Sprain Wristsprain .
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Washer Woman's Sprain   Washer Woman's Sprain EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:44 am

Would you please read and answer your pm's?
Back to top Go down
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

PostSubject: Re: Washer Woman's Sprain   Washer Woman's Sprain EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:31 am

I will sign off now, and I guarantee you, internet stalking is being reported to the police and to my church, unfortunately, we have to read the words of murderers with a directly aimed stalking rape act as the "Protein" rape act, the 55 year old can run better than people half their age, this coming from Texas, place kills people by public execution every year, this was a directly intimating post, probably like Court and this will be removed I am sure, but the new mex;icans, my home state, has denied education, right to work, f I would rather not be confronted with rapists who these stalkers are who should be reported as rapists who have separated family, committed violence and mayhem,

I assure you, instead we have to deal with the Rapists not Clear On their N WORD acts of bigotry, I will tell you this, I will report this to the church where these criminal baby killing scum bags have beat people.

Minnesota, women so much better, New mexico ddoesn't even compare. too bad, one gets on the web and has to confront the act of rape and murder as this no time po0ster has done as court6 did i am si9ging off this time never to sign back on because this is the sam eas saying to a woman confrtont a murder3er or rapist. no one does that, they stalk so much don't even knlw whatr these hate cirmminal s have done.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Washer Woman's Sprain   Washer Woman's Sprain EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 7:04 am

PhysCultureFan wrote:
I will sign off now, and I guarantee you, internet stalking...
OK, terribly sorry but you're a very scary person and now banned. Good luck with your life.

...going on vaguely accusing people of killing babies, rape, stalking, etc, half incoherently, possibly because you felt offended in a thread about vitamin supplements? along with refusing to ever even read pm's from admin is just a bit much even for me. I'd like to leave this one thread out where it can be seen despite it's scary nature in an attempt to offer some slight bit of communication with you, since you've refused to ever even read a single pm from an admin here.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Washer Woman's Sprain   Washer Woman's Sprain EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:20 pm

WOW! That was kind of scary weird. We should probably lock this thread as there seems no need to continue with it. I think the whoever it is has some problems!
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washer Woman's Sprain   Washer Woman's Sprain Empty

Back to top Go down

Washer Woman's Sprain
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum :: Injury & rehab-
Jump to: