Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

bicuspid aortic valve

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ajaybali

bicuspid aortic valve  Empty
PostSubject: bicuspid aortic valve     bicuspid aortic valve  EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Hello, about a year ago I was diagnosed with bicuspid aortic valve. I understand that this means heavy lifting is out of the question. However this is the only clear thing the doctor said about it. I assume running is okay? What about swimming? Yoga? Also, what about light weights (like 5/10 lbs for 15-25 reps on most exercises)?

Also, do I have any dietary restrictions from this? I have been on decaf coffee (I never get full caff anymore) and I don't drink any of the sodas with caffeine. Do I need to get rid of coffee? What about alcohol, too?

Also while I know fatigue is a side effect of this, my fatigue has gotten so bad that I can't even much be social anymore. I'm tired all the time and often sleeping whenever I get the chance. I'm getting worried, what could be going on? Are there medicines for these kinds of things? Or dietary changes and/or supplements or specific foods I should use?

{EDIT by mod: Could you please refrain from adding URLs to gambling sites as they are banned on this site}
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: bicuspid aortic valve     bicuspid aortic valve  EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:01 am

As this is a medical condition you'd have to see your medical practitioner to get the ok for any activity. Very heavy lifting is often contra-indicated as the arterial strength is often less than normal. You can also get heart murmurs & other issues. You can often train quite hard, but not low rep, ultra heavy stuff. Every case is unique so you'd have to go & get advice from someone who knows your unique case history. You should be able to run & do yoga, but again go & ask before you start, & even with permission start cautiously & any issues back off or stop that activity.
I don't think there would be any dietary restrictions other than keeping the cholesterol down, stimulants might not be ideal, but a coffee once in a while or one drink shouldn't hurt you.
Often things like moderate exercise are the best therapy as they strengthen arteries, valves etc, so speak to your doctor, get physical therapist to plan out your training if necessary, or work with someone who has a history working with clients with your condition. Paying out a bit now will be better than developing issues due to poor exercise (or lack of exercise choices).
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: bicuspid aortic valve     bicuspid aortic valve  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:33 am

Pete, I really think this is a spambot and this particular time it's really annoying as how it works, it's just posts related to whatever has already been posted on the site and then with the spam occurring in the links. It's a bit annoying this time because I was the one who wrote about bicuspic aortic valve as I do actually have that condition.

I really think gambling links in the sig should just be an automatic ban. What real person puts a gambling link in their sig?
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: bicuspid aortic valve     bicuspid aortic valve  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:28 am

I've just banned them as I've written a few times (I wasn't 100% sure if they were human or machine), as they didn't reply to the PM's & still carried on with the gambling URLs I removed them.
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bicuspid aortic valve     bicuspid aortic valve  Empty

Back to top Go down

bicuspid aortic valve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum :: Other training-
Jump to: