Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Rolling shrugs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ajaybali

Rolling shrugs Empty
PostSubject: Rolling shrugs   Rolling shrugs EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:38 am

I see lots of highschool kids doing this at the gym that i workout at.

I've heard it doesn't work well and i dont do them this way myself.

Anyway, here is the question, why doesn't it work well, and what else is bad about this technique? Is it dangerous? shoulder impigment? what?

{EDITED BY MOD: Please note that gambling URLs are no longer allowed on the site, please do not add them to you post or signature}
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

Rolling shrugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling shrugs   Rolling shrugs EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:48 am

There is no real advantage to rolling the shoulders in a shrug. A shrug should be done with a direct up & down motion while keeping the body erect. I'm not sure if there is any actual evidence of injury due to rolling the shoulder other than anecdotal (I've not come across any although it may be out there somewhere), but it does not really add anything to the exercise. I'd prefer a strict shrug, or a high pull if you want to go for a more power move, if you wanted any 'drawing back' (scapula retraction) you'd be better doing a kelso shrug - where you go into a bent over barbell or dumbbell bottom position & then retract the scapula(e), personally I find the single arm dumbbell version gives greater range of motion.
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com

Rolling shrugs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum :: Injury & rehab-
Jump to: