Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Alkaline Diet (Anthony Robbins / Robert Young)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
santesso

Alkaline Diet (Anthony Robbins / Robert Young) Empty
PostSubject: Alkaline Diet (Anthony Robbins / Robert Young)   Alkaline Diet (Anthony Robbins / Robert Young) EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi,

this is my first post here, so: hello everybody!
My goal is to gain at least 22 lbs of muscle mass. I'm 6 ft tall and weigh 146 lbs.
I want to achieve this goal in a healthy way, which seems to be pursuing the alkaline diet, so I'm looking for a role model. Is there anybody (maybe a friend of yours) who was underweight but then gained muscles by pursuing the alkaline diet (suggested e.g. by Anthony Robbins or Robert Young). The two most challenging parts in terms of gaining muscle mass seem to be the food combination rules (e.g. don't mix carbs with proteins) and the suggested ratio of food types (70% veggies, 10% proteins, 10% carbs, 10% fats).
Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Court

Court

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Diet (Anthony Robbins / Robert Young)   Alkaline Diet (Anthony Robbins / Robert Young) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:16 pm

I doubt that its possible to gain muscle on only 10% protein.
I had two friends that went on the 80:10:10 diet where you eat 80% carbs, 10% fat and 10% protein, and its completely raw and vegan.
They were eating constantly and were constantly hungry because they had to strictly limit the amount of nuts, seeds, and other protein and energy foods they could eat because it would easily put the balance out.
They followed the diet strictly but lost so much weight and became so weak they had to stop.

Also the numbers in this diet don't add up because vegetables are not calorie-free.
If they were calorie free, you would either be eating non-stop to consume adequate veggies to maintain the balance so you eat enough fat, protein, and carb, if you get me, or you'd be on a rapid weight loss diet which would result in muscle deterioration.
In my opinion (as a nutritionist student), this seems like a fad diet.
Also, all vegan food sources have some carbs with protein, so this wouldn't work either.
Sorry if I'm being too critical but this diet just looks suspicious to me.

There is some sensible information here that will get you off to a good start: http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/main.htm

Welcome to the forum by the way, I hope you find it supportive, helpful and interesting.

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.activatenaturalmedicine.com
santesso

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Diet (Anthony Robbins / Robert Young)   Alkaline Diet (Anthony Robbins / Robert Young) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:30 pm

thanks a lot for your detailed answer!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Diet (Anthony Robbins / Robert Young)   Alkaline Diet (Anthony Robbins / Robert Young) Empty

Back to top Go down

Alkaline Diet (Anthony Robbins / Robert Young)
Page 1 of 1