Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Soya in formula

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Soya in formula Empty
PostSubject: Soya in formula   Soya in formula EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 3:05 am

OK technically this 'could' have gone into nutrition, but I thought as it was about babies & not about getting you buff it would go better here. There has been a major review in the US of soya formula & possible harmful effects on babies. The review found "Minimal Concern" & have shown no negatives have appeared in over 50 years of usage by humans. I've often wondered about this line of argument as human breast milk (rather like cows or other mammals) contains oestrogen (as it's from a lactating female!), so if ingestion of oestrogen 'feminises' males, then all males who are breast fed would be some sort of 'she-male' wouldn't they? It's even pointed out in this study
Quote :
“Their main exposure to estrogen has been from their own mothers, who had very high levels of estrogen in their blood while they were pregnant.”

But anyway I thought it an interesting piece to put up as we often hear these horror stories about males growing breasts when they drink a cup of soya milk or similar (no one ever thinks of the real oestrogen they consume in the animal milk they consume?).
Anyway I'll link you to the study here
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Court

Court

Soya in formula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soya in formula   Soya in formula EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 3:00 am

I've heard some people call it "soyanoia" Laughing
I've heard that infants fed a lactose free formula can be lactose intolerant (which makes sense) or have a milk allergy when they get older.
I have never seen any good evidence that soy milk interferes with hormones to any identifiable level.
I wonder if anyone has compared soy-fed babies to cow milk-fed babies. In theory, the babies fed soy would have less problems because the soy would protect them from the hormones in the cow's milk and the drinking water used to make up the formula (if the water has been recycled) and from the xenoestrogens in the plastic baby bottle, in the same way that soy protects women from breast cancer by blocking oestrogen receptors with weak phytoestrogens (which is usually dependant on oestrogen to grow).
Back to top Go down
http://www.activatenaturalmedicine.com
Pete
Admin
Pete

Soya in formula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soya in formula   Soya in formula EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 10:44 am

..If you want anecdotal & want to talk strength - when Bob Hoffmans York Olympic lifting team dominated the planet in the late 1940's through to the maybe as late as the the mid-late 1960's what protein did they take? Yep, soya protein powder..I mean it was a concentrate, so had some fat (that could go rancid if stored for a long time) & apparently tasted pretty bad...but what the hell look at the records they smashed on the stuff!!!...oh yea & they were not effeminate males by any stretch of the imagination!
In Bob's book about nutrition he considered soya so important for strength athletes he devoted a chapter to just that one food stuff (I have the book so can reference if needed -I've actually got 2 editions, had to buy the later one as the earlier edition I had was before soya made an impact on the training scene) - all the guys people talk about (John Grimek, Steve Stanko, Tommy Kono etc etc) all had a regular supply of soya protein with them, they even took it when they travelled to contests - even shipped it abroad with them-THAT's how important they considered it as a performance aid!
I've gone off the subject of babies a bit haven't I lol!
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Soya in formula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soya in formula   Soya in formula Empty

Back to top Go down

Soya in formula
Page 1 of 1