Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Health & Strength magazine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Health & Strength magazine Empty
PostSubject: Health & Strength magazine   Health & Strength magazine EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:55 am

Health & strength Magazine is the oldest bodybuilding magazine in the world...

If you're not a bodybuilder don't stop reading there!

Out of all the 'muscle comics' out there H&S is pretty good. Not only has the owner put in an ad for us (for free no less!), but you get updates about the old guys - Like the great Joe Rollino now 105 years old & still veggie & still lifting weights as the oldest bodybuilder on earth! Review of Jack LaLanne's new book "Live young forever" & all the contests featured are drug-free, so you don't get the huge physiques in most muscle mags, but bodies 99% of you would actually want. There's also features about people gone by Reg Parks, John Grimek & other less known people, even guys from the 18th-19th & early 20th Century who were crazy strong. It doesn't really focus on training routines, although there is some advice every quarter. It's more like what's happening in the world of natural training & also a look at some oldtimers & how they did it.
It's got a blend of the best of the old with the best of the new (in my eyes) & I reckon a few of you might well like it if you gave it a go.
It's £18 for UK delivery or £24 for overseas (if you do subscribe let them know you heard about it through us). If you're interested in strength then I think you'll be interested in this magazine.
If you've no interest in physical culture, training for health & strength, & like the HOOGE bodies of the pro bodybuilding scene, & want a new way to blast your pec & bis every issue, then this might not be for you, but if you want an interesting mix of the latest natural shows, some old heroes from days gone by, a hint of training advice & a look into some of the ideas of physical culture then this'll be one you'll want to get hold of.

Health & Strength magazine Healthandstrength
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Jay
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Health & Strength magazine   Health & Strength magazine EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 3:34 am

Might be interesting. I'm kind of seriously turned off by the dishonest steriod mags. Had just assumed they're all like that. Perhaps I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Health & Strength magazine   Health & Strength magazine EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 4:01 am

I think this is kind of the last of a dying breed of magazines, one as much interested in health as training (I suppose it has stuck to its physical culture roots while most other mags have moved right over to bodybuilding with no regard to health). It has no big supplement ads at all!!!!! (makes you want to buy it just for that!) & talks about training not what pill or potion gets you big - also I've written to a few of the guys in the magazine & they all actually write back (I did provide a stamped return envelope - you have to be polite about these things). I was even mentioned in one magazine by David Gentle (a strength historian & writer of books - he wrote a great grip book I was lucky enough to find called Developing Grip Strength - for those interested here's a quick extract of the book that covers isometrics for grip).
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Court

Court

PostSubject: Re: Health & Strength magazine   Health & Strength magazine EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:29 pm

I like Oxygen magazine - its for figure, physique and sports ladies.

http://www.oxygenmag.com.au/

I thought they were all either steroid type ones or the women's ones were all advertisements and articles aimed at only the dumbest lay(wo)men. Laughing
But this is actually has good articles where I learn something and very few ads which is surprising for any women's magazine. I do find it motivating at times.
I think there's a USA version as well, no idea how it compares with the Australian one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.activatenaturalmedicine.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Health & Strength magazine   Health & Strength magazine Empty

Back to top Go down

Health & Strength magazine
Page 1 of 1