Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Meat-filled Mondays :-)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Meat-filled Mondays :-) Empty
PostSubject: Meat-filled Mondays :-)   Meat-filled Mondays :-) EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 5:18 am

...I kid you not here's the 'counter attack' from the meat lobby - they 'invented' the idea of one day of the week being meat-filled (original of what!), we'll here's the link so you can read for yourself.
I think we can safely say, that whatever your stance on meat, anyone with any sort of nutritional knowledge will admit we weren't designed to eat a primarily meat diet as a species, sure we have the capacity to hunt & we may well have taken advantage of meat at times, but it was always as a supplement to a basically veggie based diet. To suggest a 'meat-filled' day is kind of stupid..but there you go some people are stupid. The second to last line really caught my eye:
Quote :
Depriving people of the animal fats their bodies crave is unnatural, abnormal, and unnecessary.

Suppose I swapped the 'animal fats' with alcohol, cigarettes, cocaine or any other of the 1001 things you could 'crave', to crave something isn't to mean you need it, addition or even simply habit can make you crave a thing (the baby who 'craves' the same toy, the alcoholic who 'craves' the next pint, even the obese person who 'craves' the next cream cake). I've on doubt this person craves meat (why would they lie), but a craving & a biological need are 2 totally different things. As a guy who gave up smoking I KNOW about craving, you don't crave because the thing you want is necessarily healthy, it's all about addiction & habit. Advocating days filled with excesses of meat & dairy are going to get a lot of people sick, yes they might well crave it, but cravings sometimes need to be overcome if we want to achieve health..
..Right rant over I'm going to see a film..bye for now!
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Grayfox

Grayfox

PostSubject: Re: Meat-filled Mondays :-)   Meat-filled Mondays :-) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:28 pm

Snort, snort...!
Gimmy more dead animals to eat...!

Naugh, My Lady taught me not to eat dead animals, nor to do that with animals I love, so I don't do that any more.

How do you convey this to Omnivorous?
Heck, I dunno...

On other fora I argue against eating eating critters and for our own health, but with not of lots of success.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Meat-filled Mondays :-)   Meat-filled Mondays :-) EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 3:21 am

Yea, it is amazing how threatened meat eaters feel when you mention you don't eat it - it's like you called them something dreadful - they get defensive, try & attack your position - all you said was an innocent passing remark because they offered you something meaty & you turn it down & they ask so you say "I don't eat meat" - it's like you've said "I mug old ladies" or something (Oh yea & suddenly they are all nutritional experts as well Laughing )
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meat-filled Mondays :-)   Meat-filled Mondays :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Meat-filled Mondays :-)
Page 1 of 1