Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Posted on another forum...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grayfox

Grayfox

Posted on another forum... Empty
PostSubject: Posted on another forum...   Posted on another forum... EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 8:21 pm

"...Bellizzi, who is 51, is a member of the Old Timers Soccer Club, a band of stubborn, aging athletes who refuse to fall under the spell of golf..."

Good for them, but...
Golf... !
Soccer...!
Piffle...! Infants!
At fifty-one I qualified for the President's Fitness Award three times: Backpacking, canoeing, and weight-training (got Arnie's autograph on each certificate, whoo whoo!).

But, to put things in perspective,
several years ago as I poured a cup of cocoa in a ski lodge on top of a particularly difficult ski hill, suddenly the door was kicked open and a bunch of rough bozos swagger into the room and announced to all present, "We're the Over The Hill Gang!.... anybody want to make something out of it...?" They pulled off their ski masks and crash-helmets to reveal their balding or silver-haired knobs.
Gawd... I'm not a member but I liked those guys and girls.

Seriously.
Don't ever give up the fight.
Life isn't fair and things that were once easy now hurt.

Exercise every day, it's good for you.
Walk, or pump iron, but not as much as you might have done when the world was young.

Love and be loved. You need someone and someone needs you.

Eat sensibly-- in particularly, no junk food, no empty calories; red wine and chocolate are okay, but don't eat dead animals.

I was born the year the Nazis invaded Poland, you should strive to live long enough to give unwanted advice to people younger than you are now.
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

Posted on another forum... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Posted on another forum...   Posted on another forum... EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Quote :
you should strive to live long enough to give unwanted advice to people younger than you are now.

That is a fantastic quote...I might even steal it Laughing ..although I might aim to live so long that in years to come I'll be giving advice to people OLDER than I am now Twisted Evil - yep, I'll be the old giffer who will just slink up next to you & start offering unsolicited advice on any subject I fancy...I might start every 'gem' with "...In my day we used to...", or "..When I was your age I used to ..." I suspect I'll be very popular clown
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com

Posted on another forum...
Page 1 of 1