Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth'

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete
Admin
Pete

Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth' Empty
PostSubject: Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth'   Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth' EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Here's an article about TV viewing & heart disease, basically the title says it all. I don't think it's accurate for someone who does hard training or heavy manual labour. Imagine you work 8 hours a day lifting heavy stuff, or train for a couple of hours a day. I think you'd have less likelihood of heart issues than the 'average' person. Also diet would play a huge roll as well. If you're not exercising & eat rubbish but watch 2 hours of TV per day I think we'd all agree that a person lifting & doing cardio for a few hours a day & eating healthy probably wouldn't have a bad effect from a few hours TV, all other factors being equal. But on average I'd say yea a lot of TV is probably bad as you also tend to be less careful about food, less likely to train (again on average - & none of us are really in that 'average' class, so if you do watch a bit of TV, but are exercising & watching the diet a bit I'm pretty sure you're going to be ok!).
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
PhysCultureFan

PhysCultureFan

Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth'   Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth' EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm sure that is true for a lot of people and would seem to be so largely for the use of the computer as well Rolling Eyes ... I keep a gripper around always, the thing is for most tv watching, it seems it would apply to "couch potatos" and maybe those who sit around drinking beer or eating basically junk foods while watching the settee. Sedate lifestyle I think people call it.

Some people have warned about radiation too, I don't know if that is a valid concern about TVs or computers. Would a plasma screen be better??
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

PostSubject: Re: Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth'   Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth' EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 3:40 am

New screens don't give out xrays like the old CRT screens so they are better, there is still concerns about electromagnetic issues as some people are sensitive to strong electric sources (& there is a theory it could be bad for everyone to some extent - but that is just a theory)
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth'   Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth' Empty

Back to top Go down

Every hour per day watching TV 'increases risk of heart disease death by a fifth'
Page 1 of 1