Vegan Bodybuilding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Vegan Bodybuilding Forum

The Forum of www.veganbodybuilding.org

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
This board is closing down - we are moving to a new permanent home at http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/forum/

I get nauseous when working out

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shauna

I get nauseous when working out Empty
PostSubject: I get nauseous when working out   I get nauseous when working out EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:36 am

My whole life, even when I wasn't a vegetarian, I would wake up nauseous. Through the years I discovered if I ate before I went to bed I didn't wake up feeling like I wanted to throw up, but I still had to eat something right away or I would get sick.

I could deal with all of that, but if I ever try to do anything physical in the morning or even afternoon I almost immediately get nauseous. If I work out I can only do it at nighttime.

Any suggestions on what I can do? I know eating at night isn't a good idea, but I guess my body needs constant fuel. I really want to get back into shape, but I don't want to always have to workout at night.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Especially with what type of foods I should eat! TIA!
Back to top Go down
Pete
Admin
Pete

I get nauseous when working out Empty
PostSubject: Re: I get nauseous when working out   I get nauseous when working out EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 am

This is a tricky one as basically there are 1001 reasons this could be happening.
First off have you been checked out by a doctor. There are conditions that can cause this & only a doc can really make sure you haven't got anything. I do doubt it is anything serious as it been going on your whole life & if it was well you'd be really sick by now, but we always have to suggest you get it checked out.
My first suggestion would be "well work out at night". It isn't really bad to eat at night if that's the time you can do it either, so eating & training at night seem like a good course to steer for now while you try & sort out how to deal with your condition.
It would be good to know what you have tried so we can get an idea & assuming it's not a medical condition we can try & figure out options from there.
Bear in mind this is one of those conditions that is basically try 'a' & see if it works, if not try 'b' etc as there are many reasons from allergies to unfriendly bacteria in the tummy, even things like the acidity of stomach acid might be a factor?
So, what have you tried & if you can remember results , also what are you doing right now & some idea of your diet & training would be nice.

Oh yea also bear in mind although I'm a fully qualified sports nutritionist, I'm only part-way through my nutritional consultancy course, so any advice has to be "If I were you then I'd do..." type of answer as technically I can't prescribe diets yet.
Also if anyone else has come across this before or has any ideas I'd be interested to hear how they would deal with it too.
Back to top Go down
https://veganbodybuilding.forumotion.com

I get nauseous when working out
Page 1 of 1